Battery Life on 8.1

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Time to make the 6 move Led lol.
Yep! Hopefully in January! 3 more months. And after all the reviews here and elsewhere I've read, I still don't know which one I'll get. I want the Plus, but it's not going to fit in many pockets. When January gets here, it's going to be one big...
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1414068394.645719.jpg

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
The first day with 8.1 on my 6+ had me a tad concerned as the battery seemed to drain faster than usual. I drained the battery to the point the phone shut off, then I plugged in 'til it was fully charged. That seemed to do the trick for me: battery life is at least as good as it was on 8.0.2.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The first day with 8.1 on my 6+ had me a tad concerned as the battery seemed to drain faster than usual. I drained the battery to the point the phone shut off, then I plugged in 'til it was fully charged. That seemed to do the trick for me: battery life is at least as good as it was on 8.0.2.

Yes, I'm currently in the process of draining my battery. I hope it improves my battery life as well.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep! Hopefully in January! 3 more months. And after all the reviews here and elsewhere I've read, I still don't know which one I'll get. I want the Plus, but it's not going to fit in many pockets. When January gets here, it's going to be one big...
View attachment 69217

Yeah I like the idea of the 6+ but I don't like the idea of carrying it around

TiggerRPh

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't really noticed anything with 8.1, but then again I'm coming from an iPhone 5 that just prior to upgrading I was charging it a couple of times a day.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Since allowing my 5s battery to drain to 0% and allowing a full charge to 100%, my battery life is noticeably much better. I would say it's better than iOS 8.0.2 at this time. Thanks for the tip iMore members....SMILE

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow! That's an iPhone 6? How do you get such good life from it? Mine is a few posts above but no way it'd last over a day.

What I do is set up my new iPhone as new. I do not set-up from back-up. I tried setting up from back up with my iPhone 6 this time around and got horrible battery life. I then did a restore and set up as new and got great battery life on 8.0.2.

When 8.1 debut, I upgraded through iTunes. I never upgrade OTA. I would rather get the full update rather than a patch that is added to 8.0.2.

I also go to privacy>location services>system services and turn off most of the junk that comes turned on on iOS. I leave find my iPhone on though for obvious reasons.

Finally, I run my battery all the way down to the single digits and recharge to 100 a number of times and then I am good to go.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox