Impossible to erase messages within text convo

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
There's no way to erase singular messages anymore even though you can still highlight the blue circle to the left, the only choice on the top left is "delete all", and it deletes EVERYTHING. Does Apple even test this stuff? Also once you slide the dialogue box to the very bottom, you cannot bring the keyboard back up??? Also when you are in a text conversation and you want to take a picture it will sometimes initiate the camera while the keyboard is still on the screen. So half the screen is your camera the other half is your keyboard. Is this Apple's idea of multitasking? Aside from other issues with 8.1, this stuff is just hilarious at this point. I will add that these issues are being experienced on my iPhone 5S. I haven't installed it on my iPad yet.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to erase singular messages anymore even though you can still highlight the blue circle to the left, the only choice on the top left is "delete all", and it deletes EVERYTHING. Does Apple even test this stuff?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure Apple tests "this stuff". Here's how to delete a single message in a text conversation (I typed it really slow so you could keep up):

1. Tap and hold the message you want to delete.
2. Wait for the "Copy | More…" to appear.
3. Tap More.
4. Make sure the circle is checked (to left of message).
5. Tap the trash can at the bottom of page.
6. Tap Delete Message.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I’m pretty sure Apple tests "this stuff". Here's how to delete a single message in a text conversation (I typed it really slow so you could keep up):

1. Tap and hold the message you want to delete.
2. Wait for the "Copy | More…" to appear.
3. Tap More.
4. Make sure the circle is checked (to left of message).
5. Tap the trash can at the bottom of page.
6. Tap Delete Message.

Wow you are so clever Hank......... As if you think I do not know the previous protocol to erase single messages? This is indeed a glitch on the 5S.

Realast8

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Wow you are so clever Hank......... As if you think I do not know the previous protocol to erase single messages? This is indeed a glitch on the 5S.

It's not a glitch on my 5S. Deleting a single message within a thread works with no issues on my 5S.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's been hit or miss on my 5 with iOS 8. Mostly works, but sometimes I press and nothing happens. I move up a few bubbles and then it might work.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner