I downloaded 8.1 via iTunes and my iPhone 6 got stuck in recovery mode. Been trying to fix it since 2PM and still no luck. I've tried ReiBoot, and tinyumbrella and I got nothing. When I plug my phone up to my computer it makes the sound like it's connecting but it just stays stuck on the plug in iTunes screen. Is anyone else having this problem?
    10-20-2014 08:56 PM
    To exit recovery mode, press both the power and home button until the device reboots and you see the Apple logo. Wait to see if it will boot to your home screen or go back into recovery mode where it displays the iTunes icon and the USB cord icon. If it's the latter, reinstall iTunes, even if you already have the latest version. Afterwards, restore your device.
    10-20-2014 09:31 PM
    Already tried that over and over again and it is still stuck.

To exit recovery mode, press both the power and home button until the device reboots and you see the Apple logo. Wait to see if it will boot to your home screen or go back into recovery mode where it displays the iTunes icon and the USB cord icon. If it's the latter, reinstall iTunes, even if you already have the latest version. Afterwards, restore your device.
    10-20-2014 09:39 PM
    Okay, you may have to put the device in DFU Mode and then try having iTunes install a fresh copy of iOS 8.1 or download the iOS 8.1 .ipsw file for your specific iPhone directly to your computer, and then while in DFU mode, direct iTunes to the downloaded iOS 8 .ipsw file to install it. If that doesn't work, you should make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.
    10-20-2014 09:44 PM
    I had the same problem when I tried to update to iOS 8 using the GM .ipsw, but it got stuck on the boot screen and wouldn't stay connected to my Laptop long enough to do a restore. I just went to my local Apple Store and got it restored at the Genius bar without an appointment.

Roland
    10-21-2014 04:04 AM
    Did u get it..mine is locked up too
    10-25-2014 08:55 PM
    Mine went in DFU mode when I was trying to update OTA. It downloaded the incremental delta file OTA, but while installing, the server wouldn't verify the update and went in DFU mode. Itunes kept telling me to restore to factory settings and I had no backup. When trying to update using itunes, it would stop at around 115 mb and ask me to restore to factory settings. I downloaded the 8.1 ipsw and then forced Itunes to update using the ipsw which was downloaded. Fortunately, it updated without losing the data. The first thing I did was backup my phone and will henceforth continue doing it every 15 days on itunes.
    10-26-2014 01:59 AM
    hi how did you do this process. ive updated both my iphones (5&6) both are now stuck in recovery mode.
    please help
    10-26-2014 09:01 AM
    I had to take my phone to Apple. They were apple to get it out of recovery mode. This has never happened to me before with any other iOS update. This better not happen again with future updates lol
    RPBKK likes this.
    10-26-2014 11:28 AM
    hi how did you do this process. ive updated both my iphones (5&6) both are now stuck in recovery mode.
    please help
    Go to:
    ipsw dot me/8.1

Disclaimer: The above file has not been verified. Do a google search for 8.1 ipsw and you should get some more links.

Select appropriate file and download.

Then Connect phone to itunes.

For Windows: Shift+Click on Update tab on itunes.
    For Mac: Alt/Option+Click on Update tab on itunes.

Select the downloaded ipsw file and proceed with screen instructions.
    10-27-2014 03:05 AM
    Hi Gobrown75,

Did Apple manage to save your data or just restore your iPhone like a new/fresh install?

If they saved your data any idea of what they did?

Thanks.
    10-28-2014 01:23 PM
    Hi Gobrown75,

They couldn't save my data. I always back up before I install updates so I was good

Did Apple manage to save your data or just restore your iPhone like a new/fresh install?

If they saved your data any idea of what they did?

Thanks.
    10-28-2014 03:48 PM
    Can you help explain how you forced itunes to update using the ipsw? I am trying to do the same thing right now if possible.
    11-01-2014 09:58 PM
    Can you help explain how you forced itunes to update using the ipsw? I am trying to do the same thing right now if possible.
    For Windows: Shift+Click on Update tab on itunes.
    For Mac: Alt/Option+Click on Update tab on itunes.

Select the downloaded ipsw file and proceed with screen instructions.
    11-03-2014 02:02 AM
    I downloaded the file and hit shift+click on the update, but the file does not come up as an iPod file for me to choose. What do I do?
    11-03-2014 07:27 AM
    I downloaded the file and hit shift+click on the update, but the file does not come up as an iPod file for me to choose. What do I do?
    You have to manually select the downloaded file from where ever it is saved on your PC. It won't come up when you keep 'shift' pressed and click on update.
    11-10-2014 01:16 AM
    I didn't read all the replys but when ever a iPhone im working on gets stuck in recovery mode or a bootloop I use tiny umbrella ....it will see your iPhone in recovery mode (when connected of course) then u can click on it then click kick from recovery ...and it will reboot the device back to normal let me know if this helps
    11-10-2014 04:32 AM
    Had the same problem, I had to keep doing a soft reset, maybe like 10 times and then I tryed restoring and upgrading through itunes and it finally worked for me. Good luck!
    11-10-2014 02:29 PM
    I had this problem in my iPad Air while trying to upgrade to iOS 8.1. I was on a corporate network and tried two different computers many, many times. I even tried downloading the ipsw file and manually installing, but that failed also.

So I put my laptop onto a public network and tried one last time. Worked the first time!

jac
    11-19-2014 10:28 AM
    Heres something new, what if your trying to update IOS 8.3 and it gets the common error 3194? then goes into recovery mode, and makes a loop?
    04-08-2015 11:50 PM
    I have solved the same problem of my iPhone, this my method:
    Step 1: Disconnect the data cable and turn off your iPhone.
    Step 2: Press the "Home" button and connect your iPhone to the computer with data cable, and then release the "Home" button.
    Step 3: Now you have enter into recovery mode successfully.
    Step 4: It is very easy for you to exit recovery mode. Please press both the "Home". button and "Power" button at the same time until the LOGO "white apple" appeared on the screen.
    Hope it helps.
    04-21-2015 11:25 PM
    Did they charge you for getting your phone out of recovery mode?
    04-30-2015 05:35 PM
    Did they charge you for getting your phone out of recovery mode?
    No they didn't. I hope they didn't charge you
    05-08-2015 06:20 AM
    Well, I have solved the same problem of my iPhone, this is my method:
    Step 1: Disconnect the data cable and turn off your iPhone.
    Step 2: Press the "Home" button and connect your iPhone to the computer with data cable, and then release the "Home" button.
    Step 3: Now you have enter into recovery mode successfully.
    Step 4: It is very easy for you to exit recovery mode. Please press both the "Home". button and "Power" button at the same time until the LOGO "white apple" appeared on the screen.
    You can have a try of it if you are interested.
    recovery-tool.com/ios-recovery/iphone-stuck-in-recovery-mode.html
    Last edited by MistApo; 06-26-2015 at 04:41 AM.
    06-24-2015 05:57 AM
    Fix iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode with iTunes Restore

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. To do this, open iTunes and click Help in the main menu. Then select Check for Updates, iTunes will then tell you if you are using the latest version. You may need to download the latest iTunes version before you continue.

Hold the home button down (on the front of your iPhone) and connect the device to your laptop/PC while iTunes is open. A message should pop up and say that your iPhone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Click on your device (in the iTunes windows) along the main toolbar, then go to the Summary tab.
    Select the restore option.

Follow the prompts in iTunes to backup your iPhone settings.
    Restore your iPhone back to its previous settings.

Use FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery to kick your iPhone out of recovery mode is one of the method too!
    07-20-2015 11:18 PM
29 12