As Promised Camera Roll Back

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy your Camera Roll :)

I was glad to see it back in the betas, not really for me, but now I can update my family's devices so I don't need to hear them complain :)

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for European release ( or I'll just install ota?!?) :p it worth install now? Do you see big differences?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, and we keep the "Recently Deleted". Some find that annoying, but I like having it. Too many have accidentally deleted important photos. If you don't like it, you can delete them all at the same time.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
As someone who's new to iPhone with the 6, what's the difference in Camera Roll and My Photo Stream in the photo app?

My Photo Stream photos are backed up on iCloud and automatically synced across other iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, and Macs that use the same primary iCloud Account (and have photo stream turned on). It does NOT use any of your allotted storage space in iCloud.

Note, only the most recent 1,000 photos are kept in the My Photo Stream. As more pics are taken, the old ones are deleted. Also, they are NOT full res on My Photo Stream -- so if you want to use the full quality image, use the one in your Camera Roll.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
So with Camera Roll, does that mean it will house all photos indefinitely and they won't get reorganized after 30 days?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I missed camera roll!

I did too !! I'm glad to have it back as well😃👍

Yep, and we keep the "Recently Deleted". Some find that annoying, but I like having it. Too many have accidentally deleted important photos. If you don't like it, you can delete them all at the same time.

I also like that "recently deleted" feature as well. I actually did delete a wp last week thinking I wouldn't use/need it, but alas, last night I was able to retrieve it from the recently deleted😊 (or I would've had to dig through my Dropbox to find the sucker:p if the recently deleted feature wasn't baked into iOS)

This feature will be especially helpful to those that have accidentally deleted a pic and want to get it back, ya know the ones we see threads about on rare occasion..... "Deleted photo - no back up can I get it back" type of thing :)

Last edited:

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been happy once or twice being able to "recover" a deleted file. But I do find it annoying to have a 2 step deletion process. I'd love to have an option upon initial delete to "send to trash" or "delete forever".

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I for one am glad that Camera Roll is back because it's better organisation to basically store the photos when they were added then by using the metadata which will have confused the heck out of people. I am also happy that they added the 30-delete album in-case you delete a photo but want it back within that time or if you accidentally delete one whilst choosing others to delete.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
1. iCloud Library (Beta) On
2. Download and keep originals
3. Upload to my photostream

Photo app

1. All photos
2. panoramas
3. videos
4. recently deleted
5. then I have two folders