iOS 8.1 Carrier Settings

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the option is there in iOS 8.1 for 2g/3g/lte. Just finished downloading. Actually i updated only cos of this feature. Used it heavily with iOS 7 when connectivity was poor and staying on 3g drained the battery; switching to 2g is the way to go in such situations.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the option is there in iOS 8.1 for 2g/3g/lte. Just finished downloading. Actually i updated only cos of this feature. Used it heavily with iOS 7 when connectivity was poor and staying on 3g drained the battery; switching to 2g is the way to go in such situations.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

What carrier are you with ?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'm not sure why there is even an option. It seems redundant to use a old slow tech that's going to be done away with at some point.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Telfort in the Netherlands, don't have that option either, my carrier still supports 2G, could choose for it on my old android phone.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Where do you see that? I have the 6+ on Verizon and I just switched from att. I only ever get see 3G, 1x or lte. I've never seen 4g come up on my stat bar :(. Explain?

He must have had a typo. There is not difference between "4G" and LTE on verizon. AT&T considers there HSPA 4G.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative