Just used apple pay

jiovine

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
TD Bank not supported as of yet and my Amex Bluebird (Prepaid card) was not supported either. Anyone here utilizing TD Bank and called them to see what their plans are?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have noticed in my area that over the past couple of month the 7-11's in my area were getting rid of the NFC terminals and installing these new setups. Yesterday I stopped in to 3 7-11's on my shift to use Apple Pay and all of them had swapped them out for the new ones. These locations had NFC terminals, I know that for sure.

Are they those black terminals? I've seen those at 7-11's now.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you need BT or Wifi on to use it? Panera just emailed me saying I can use it there, so I am now dying to go buy breadco.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Worked perfectly for me at CVS today. Made sure there was no one in line behind me though just in case.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Worked perfectly for me at CVS today. Made sure there was no one in line behind me though just in case.

Why would someone behind you matter? Your card number is not displayed or transferred. Unless they were going to steal your phone and finger?

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I've used apple pay at CVS and McDonald's without any issues. I went to home Depot and tried to use Apple pay and it declined my card twice. I pulled out the actual credit card and it went through first time.

My understanding was that any contactless checkout would work if it has that symbol and it did pull up Apple pay on my phone. Anyone else experience this?

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I just used mine at McDonald's just to see if it would work. This feature may just make me spend more money than I normally would on a weekly basis.I just held Touch ID and it went through instantly.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just used mine at McDonald's just to see if it would work. This feature may just make me spend more money than I normally would on a weekly basis.I just held Touch ID and it went through instantly.

and that's why the banks / credit card companies are pushing it. The farther we get away from physically holding cash the more we are likely to spend.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
WTH ... I use the same Chase Debit from my checking account and it won't let me register it, it says it's not supported..

I got that message when I selected the option of pulling it from my iTunes account (it's what I use for all my purchases). I tried setting it up as a separate card and it worked just fine.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This thread is proof that Apple can and will change the way the masses shop. Everyone saying they will leave their banks to go to one who supports this one feature. It's crazy to me. But it's a testament to the reign Apple has on our lives. It's a great feature and all but i definitely couldn't see myself leaving my bank for it.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, my bank does not allow debit card transactions from Ca. They said it is because of fraud.

I am pretty sure that your transactions will process the same way as they always have. Apple pay does not route all transactions through California it simply gives a secondary card number that can be used in the place of your real card number. The transaction is still handled by your card issuer. Therefore, it is much more secure than your traditional credit card. At least this is the way that I understand it, if I am wrong someone who can explain it better please feel free to correct me...😁

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
This thread is proof that Apple can and will change the way the masses shop. Everyone saying they will leave their banks to go to one who supports this one feature. It's crazy to me. But it's a testament to the reign Apple has on our lives. It's a great feature and all but i definitely couldn't see myself leaving my bank for it.

Yet people leave phone platforms for others with the introduction of other features, why not banks? If you aren't happy with a service, you change to another company. I will be leaving Wells Fargo here for a Credit Union for the ridiculous fee they charge every month but I need to wait until the first of the new year when I go to France for the final time in my graduate school career. This is a common theme everywhere.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yet people leave phone platforms for others with the introduction of other features, why not banks? If you aren't happy with a service, you change to another company. I will be leaving Wells Fargo here for a Credit Union for the ridiculous fee they charge every month but I need to wait until the first of the new year when I go to France for the final time in my graduate school career. This is a common theme everywhere.

You're leaving because of a fee. That's increasingly common. That's different than switching your financial institution based on a new feature your cell phone offers with a different one. I personally can't see myself going through the hassle of changing banks, setting up autopays again, changing card numbers, altering direct deposit accounts and moving funds just so I can swipe my phone to buy a burger. A cell platform can be changed with no effect on our lives aside from contact transfer. A bank is far from the same thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR