I've used apple pay at CVS and McDonald's without any issues. I went to home Depot and tried to use Apple pay and it declined my card twice. I pulled out the actual credit card and it went through first time.

My understanding was that any contactless checkout would work if it has that symbol and it did pull up Apple pay on my phone. Anyone else experience this?
    10-21-2014 07:24 PM
    I just used mine at McDonald's just to see if it would work. This feature may just make me spend more money than I normally would on a weekly basis.I just held Touch ID and it went through instantly.
    10-21-2014 07:30 PM
    I just used mine at McDonald's just to see if it would work. This feature may just make me spend more money than I normally would on a weekly basis.I just held Touch ID and it went through instantly.
    and that's why the banks / credit card companies are pushing it. The farther we get away from physically holding cash the more we are likely to spend.
    10-21-2014 08:36 PM
    and that's why the banks / credit card companies are pushing it. The farther we get away from physically holding cash the more we are likely to spend.
    Couldn't agree more and it's pure genius.
    10-21-2014 08:52 PM
    WTH ... I use the same Chase Debit from my checking account and it won't let me register it, it says it's not supported..
    10-21-2014 09:15 PM
    Why would someone behind you matter? Your card number is not displayed or transferred. Unless they were going to steal your phone and finger?
    that's a real possibility.... =)
    Craig likes this.
    10-21-2014 09:18 PM
    WTH ... I use the same Chase Debit from my checking account and it won't let me register it, it says it's not supported..
    I got that message when I selected the option of pulling it from my iTunes account (it's what I use for all my purchases). I tried setting it up as a separate card and it worked just fine.
    10-21-2014 10:16 PM
    This thread is proof that Apple can and will change the way the masses shop. Everyone saying they will leave their banks to go to one who supports this one feature. It's crazy to me. But it's a testament to the reign Apple has on our lives. It's a great feature and all but i definitely couldn't see myself leaving my bank for it.
    10-22-2014 01:13 AM
    Yes, my bank does not allow debit card transactions from Ca. They said it is because of fraud.
    I am pretty sure that your transactions will process the same way as they always have. Apple pay does not route all transactions through California it simply gives a secondary card number that can be used in the place of your real card number. The transaction is still handled by your card issuer. Therefore, it is much more secure than your traditional credit card. At least this is the way that I understand it, if I am wrong someone who can explain it better please feel free to correct me...😁
    10-22-2014 01:57 AM
    Not working here in Australia.no idea how long it'll take either
    10-22-2014 02:59 AM
    This thread is proof that Apple can and will change the way the masses shop. Everyone saying they will leave their banks to go to one who supports this one feature. It's crazy to me. But it's a testament to the reign Apple has on our lives. It's a great feature and all but i definitely couldn't see myself leaving my bank for it.
    Yet people leave phone platforms for others with the introduction of other features, why not banks? If you aren't happy with a service, you change to another company. I will be leaving Wells Fargo here for a Credit Union for the ridiculous fee they charge every month but I need to wait until the first of the new year when I go to France for the final time in my graduate school career. This is a common theme everywhere.
    10-22-2014 03:43 AM
    Yet people leave phone platforms for others with the introduction of other features, why not banks? If you aren't happy with a service, you change to another company. I will be leaving Wells Fargo here for a Credit Union for the ridiculous fee they charge every month but I need to wait until the first of the new year when I go to France for the final time in my graduate school career. This is a common theme everywhere.
    You're leaving because of a fee. That's increasingly common. That's different than switching your financial institution based on a new feature your cell phone offers with a different one. I personally can't see myself going through the hassle of changing banks, setting up autopays again, changing card numbers, altering direct deposit accounts and moving funds just so I can swipe my phone to buy a burger. A cell platform can be changed with no effect on our lives aside from contact transfer. A bank is far from the same thing.
    10-22-2014 06:46 AM
    I just used it a Meier- a mostly Michigan-Midwest grocery/everything store. No sign for Apple pay, but it worked fine with the regular NFC payment thing.
    10-22-2014 10:31 AM
    How would returns work...do you hand the retailer your phone for verification?

Paper receipts?

Are you given a receipt with the last 4 digits of the virtual number? What happens if the retailer asks to see the card...phone? Do I give them my phone for verification?

Saw this quote from the main site from a comm

" What happens is that when you make a purchase using Apple Pay, the device will generate a one-time use card number on the merchant network that your original card is associated with. This one-time use card number is what gets charged, but is actually valid for much longer than the transaction takes place (no less than 90 days), even if you cancel Apple Pay, get new card numbers, etc. This is for several reasons, but primarily for the ability to charge-back as well as returns. The merchant would return the funds to the virtual card used and you would see the funds in your bank account (or credit card) as normal. In fact, one thing that you will always know is the last 4 digits of the virtual card number that gets generated. This will usually be printed on the receipt as well (as it is almost always needed to do returns)."
    Last edited by andrelamont; 10-22-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    10-22-2014 01:02 PM
    I think it's just like using a regular credit card. I still had to sign the screen and I got a paper receipt the one time I used it.
    10-22-2014 05:48 PM
    You're leaving because of a fee. That's increasingly common. That's different than switching your financial institution based on a new feature your cell phone offers with a different one. I personally can't see myself going through the hassle of changing banks, setting up autopays again, changing card numbers, altering direct deposit accounts and moving funds just so I can swipe my phone to buy a burger. A cell platform can be changed with no effect on our lives aside from contact transfer. A bank is far from the same thing.
    The way I see things is that if people aren't willing to challenge the way things are done regardless of inconvenience things stay stagnant. It depends on the person in whether they want to be a participant, yes but some people do like certain things. It isn't about how much influence a company has it is about that company introducing a feature that people enjoy and see as a good thing to have. Maybe if Android users pushed Google Wallet more via the stores they shopped at, more stores would accept such payment methods to gardner business. The same is true for banks. People are already willing to spend 60-100 dollars on a cell phone service rather than spending just 20 a month just to have a smartphone. My stepfather doesn't have a smartphone and he spends so much less. Does that mean Google/Apple/BlackBerry/WP has some sort of influence over me that tells me I need to spend that much every month and he is resistant to that? No. I want it because it is convenient and I deem it is worth my money regardless of any outside influence. I respect your decision that you don't see it as worth it but respectfully, putting this all on Apple and implying we are drones? That isn't fair. If people didn't push, we'd all be writing checks still. This is just the next step in my opinion. Rather than writing out everything on a piece of paper, we went to sliding a plastic card and inputting a pin number. Many people want the next step to be waving a phone and inputing a fingerprint.
    10-23-2014 02:40 AM
    It is why my wife won't let me keep my credit card on hand.
    10-23-2014 03:16 AM
    I tried using Apple Pay on a vending machine that had the NFC sensor on it. It had some Mycokewards and ISIS branding on it and did not work. It took the scan, displayed "authorizing" and eventually timed out. On the App is still showed the transaction "approved" but nothing it my account.
    10-23-2014 11:11 AM
    Mine either , I have pnc and on the website it says it will support
    PNC did not have launch day support but it should be available soon.
    10-23-2014 12:17 PM
    Capital One 360 supports Apple. But I don't have an iPhone 6.
    10-23-2014 12:36 PM
    I had my first case of my phone not recognizing that it was near a CVS sensor. Maybe I didn't hold it there long enough? I used it earlier that day too at Panera Bread(I didn't like their food so I'm not going back unfortunately) so I am unsure of what happened. The NFC chip is at the top, right? Every time before the screen popped up rather quickly. Oh well, nothing is perfect. It's still extremely slick :P

EDIT: I didn't have my thumb held up against Touch ID when I held my phone up to the terminal. Is it necessary for me to do this for it to work?
    10-23-2014 05:22 PM
    Yes you will need to have your thumb on the touch id when you bump it.
    10-23-2014 06:55 PM
    You don't have to have your finger on the Touch ID scanner for it to pop up
    10-23-2014 08:08 PM
    I went to CVS today to get some DayQuil and I didn't remember to try Apple Pay until I had already walked out lol
    10-23-2014 08:23 PM
    I went to CVS today to get some DayQuil and I didn't remember to try Apple Pay until I had already walked out lol
    You're supposed to take the DayQuil when you get home.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-23-2014 08:24 PM
82 1234