iOS 8.1 released. Feedback/Bugs Thread

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can't back up to iCloud on your phone? I don't see any 5 hours to 9 hours anywhere. Where do you see that? Here's where I back up my phone to iCloud. It does it automatically when my phone is plugged in and asleep. Or I can tap "Back Up Now" and do it anytime. You're saying this does not work?

That's how I'm reading it. When you tap "backup now" it tells you how long it will take.

I would backup to iTunes and delete the backup on iCloud and try it again. This time it definitely will take some time but hopefully it goes through (that's why you have the iTunes as backup). I know when I did that to solve an issue it took a long time to redo the backup so be patient and maybe do it overnight so you're not tempted to watch the pot boil ;)

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
image.jpg

has anyone experienced this one before? Has happened a few times now, the lock screen will just go blank, time, date etc vanish and only fix is to restart the phone.
Also, whenever I watch videos in landscape and a message will come in, phone rotates to portrait, then back when message rolls out again. It's nothing bad bad, but still poor Apple has not managed to iron these things out with 8.1. We're way into GM and on some days it doesn't feel like it to me. If everyone has these issues, especially the new Apple customers attracted by iPhone6/+ I don't think the 'it just works' catchphrase will be around for much longer. Unless Apple lifts their game asap.

nekton123

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On two different iPhone 5 units with IOS 8.1 (iTunes install) with very few applications loaded, I am seeing repeated Messages freezes where suddenly text input becomes impossible. Quitting the application returns normal functionality until the next freeze. Anyone seeing the same bug?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when I swipe up to close an app it gets stuck part way up and I have to swipe up again.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415196969.951813.jpg
It doesn't happen often only here and there.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well that's weird. I simply couldn't get Handoff to work, no matter what I tried.
But now, weeks after I upgraded to 8.1, it suddenly works. Perfectly.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So I just noticed yesterday that this started happening with Reminders. When I get a reminder alert on the lock screen I can mark as complete or snooze it BUT if I have 2 or more reminders that I haven't addressed still on my lock screen, if I go to just one and either mark it complete or snooze it, the others that were listed disappear and I'm not able to complete or snooze them. Prior to yesterday it was working fine and nothing has changed on my device. I don't use iCloud for reminders either.

I've already tried a soft reset, my next move will be a hard reset. I'm on a 5C & I did a clean install of 8.1 thru a Mac/iTunes so I'm not going to do a restore because I don't feel it's needed - everything else is fine. When I first loaded the new update of .1 this wasn't a problem with reminders.... So I'm a little confused why this suddenly started happening.

Just an "update" to this. It appears to be an iOS 8.1 bug, glitch, whatever you want to call it. My new 5S has this issue, aaaaaaaand I've tested my mothers new 5S & it does this as well. (no backup restored because it's a first iPhone).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On two different iPhone 5 units with IOS 8.1 (iTunes install) with very few applications loaded, I am seeing repeated Messages freezes where suddenly text input becomes impossible. Quitting the application returns normal functionality until the next freeze. Anyone seeing the same bug?

I see this as well. It's really annoying, and I doubt Apple will fix it in an update. They will, instead, recommend a restore as new. They need to fix it in an update. Not everyone has access to a computer.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I see this as well. It's really annoying, and I doubt Apple will fix it in an update. They will, instead, recommend a restore as new. They need to fix it in an update. Not everyone has access to a computer.

Try rotating the phone. I have had this problem in messaging with the keyboard in landscape since ios8 betas. If I turn the phone straight up or turn it 180 degrees it will work.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My friend pointed out a bug to me that I can confirm; if you have the music app on shuffle and you change the equalizer in settings from late night to off or off to late night, shuffle will turn off on its own.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I enabled fleksy (keyboard) because they made a bunch of fixes and it does does not show up as my primary keyboard in messages app or mail app. Not even as an option when I select the globe. Tried rebooting. No go. I can select it in tapatalk but it doesn't stick as the main keyboard. What gives.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I enabled fleksy (keyboard) because they made a bunch of fixes and it does does not show up as my primary keyboard in messages app or mail app. Not even as an option when I select the globe. Tried rebooting. No go. I can select it in tapatalk but it doesn't stick as the main keyboard. What gives.

I just redwld'd it as well to give it another shot and so far everything is working as it should for me.

Silly question, but in the general/keyboard menu did you reorder your keyboard prefs with Fleksy as top pick.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just redwld'd it as well to give it another shot and so far everything is working as it should for me.

Silly question, but in the general/keyboard menu did you reorder your keyboard prefs with Fleksy as top pick.

Yep. Reordered and gave it permissions. Everything done. Rebooted. It does not come up even as an option in messaging and email apps. I can make it come up in tapatalk but it doesn't default to it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Reordered and gave it permissions. Everything done. Rebooted. It does not come up even as an option in messaging and email apps. I can make it come up in tapatalk but it doesn't default to it.

Ok very strange, so far *knock wood* it seems fine for me. One thing I didn't do was give "full access"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try rotating the phone. I have had this problem in messaging with the keyboard in landscape since ios8 betas. If I turn the phone straight up or turn it 180 degrees it will work.
No issue with landscape. Just freezing up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77