iOS 8.1 released. Feedback/Bugs Thread

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using a third party keyboard with 8.1? I am still having issues with it. Example: I re-enabled Swiftkey and it only pops up sporadically. Even in the messages app, half the time, I get Swiftkey and the other half, I get the stock keyboard. And then just now, I got a text on my screen while I was in another app and I tried to quick reply and no keyboard popped up at all. I had that issue with the previous iOS 8 versions as well. I've disabled all my third party keyboards for now and will stick with stock until they've addressed the bugs.
I get that a bit. It's annoying, but I still enjoy SwiftKey. I have 4 keyboards, including the stock and emoji. It does get touchy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414037931.855577.jpg

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing iCloud password login requests when replying to an email in the native mail app? Only been happening since I have upgraded to iOS 8.1. Very weird occurrence.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing iCloud password login requests when replying to an email in the native mail app? Only been happening since I have upgraded to iOS 8.1. Very weird occurrence.
I get it periodically sometimes when waking the phone not necessarily in Mail. But that's been since 8.0 for me.

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
My phone updated on its own today and the voice command option (which I rely on fairly often) changed in that it now shows a blue screen instead of a clear screen, and it says, "Voice Control". It also changed in that it fails to recognize anything I say at all. I used to be actually impressed with the voice recognition function, using it to search for things on the web (mostly music) and call/text people by name (e.g. "Text Sheila, 'I'm at home'"). It now responds to literally everything I say with one of the following:
-"You must enable FaceTime to make video calls"
-"Genius not available"
-*it starts playing that U2 song that's on my phone now for some reason*

Also, I don't know if this is a coincidence, but it also takes at least twice as long for it show show up. What happened? This morning I asked it what a word meant, and it started playing music. lmao

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My phone updated on its own today and the voice command option (which I rely on fairly often) changed in that it now shows a blue screen instead of a clear screen, and it says, "Voice Control". It also changed in that it fails to recognize anything I say at all. I used to be actually impressed with the voice recognition function, using it to search for things on the web (mostly music) and call/text people by name (e.g. "Text Sheila, 'I'm at home'"). It now responds to literally everything I say with one of the following:
-"You must enable FaceTime to make video calls"
-"Genius not available"
-*it starts playing that U2 song that's on my phone now for some reason*

Also, I don't know if this is a coincidence, but it also takes at least twice as long for it show show up. What happened? This morning I asked it what a word meant, and it started playing music. lmao

I'd seriously do a restore. I'd be completely overwhelmed at that point. Set up device as new perhaps?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Go for it. iOS 8.1 is solid, and I recommend you set up your new iPhone 6 as new. Yes, it's an inconvenience, but the benefits, in my opinion, outweigh the inconvenience. 😉

I originally set up my 6 from backup with no issues. i'm convinced setting up as new doesn't do anything but create more work.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed a bug. My phone is showing the AirPlay button on control center even thought I am not connected to anything but my cellular network. Wifi and Bluetooth are turned off. When I open it, I get two iPhone selections. It's weird.

60db00ab66f37d1d64c11499da7d0dab.jpg

4c60a499546b8dafa6b270453c57d0d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My keyboard shortcuts have disappeared on my iPhone and ipad
If you use the predictive keyboard, you should not need shortcuts as much. I can enter the first 3 letters of my email address and the entire address shows up in the middle word spot. All you need do is enter whatever several times and the predictive keyboard remembers it. SwiftKey does a great job of that. The stock keyboard may too, but I use SwiftKey for the dark keyboard.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here I typed the first 3 letters of my email address. It shows in the middle word spot. I pixelated some of it, but it's all there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414191640.910733.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

dino325

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having a pretty big issue.. Every new picture I take with the camera doesn't show up in my album.. Anyone else experiencing this?

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Just thought of a "nice to have" addition. It's a little cumbersome to be using quick reply and have to reach all the way to the top of the screen to send.

Having a "send" option on the keyboard would be handy.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My keyboard is drunk and spastic and my browser is bipolar. This will require another update, I fear. But only on my iPad Air, it's great on my iPhone 6. Go figure.

wotsit1982

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Experiencing a bug in Safari in 8.1.

When tapping the address bar my favourites/recent sites no longer come up. The keyboard appears and I can pull down for Add to Favourites and Request Desktop Site - but they're pretty hard to see as ots transparent save for the light grey/white of the text and icons.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

:(

wotsit1982

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Experiencing a bug in Safari in 8.1.

When tapping the address bar my favourites/recent sites no longer come up. The keyboard appears and I can pull down for Add to Favourites and Request Desktop Site - but they're pretty hard to see as ots transparent save for the light grey/white of the text and icons.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

:(

Turns out the upgrade to 8.1 has deleted my Favourites!

In addition despite having no Favourites 'Frequently Visited' isn't showing tapping the address bar and the Add to Favourites and Request Desktop Site buttons, despite being there when pulled down are very difficult to see - so 2 bugs now perhaps?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox