iOS 8.1 released. Feedback/Bugs Thread

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How do I get back to the future?
This upgrade has cruelled the performance of my phone.
- much slower response
- pop ups make the phone freeze
- high pitched whistling which can only be stopped by restart
- slow slow slow!
- some Aps no longer work

How can I roll back to the previous version as the advertised/promised performance benefits are not real.

Apple has stopped signing all versions of iOS prior to iOS 8.0.2. There is no going back at this point.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded 8.1, left wifi and planned on installing it at work. Well, my phone wouldn't connect to cellular service. It said searching. I rebooted it, reset network settings, and did everything I could think of. Well, something made me think to delete the update from settings. As soon as I did, I got service.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
How do you downgrade from 8.1 to 8?

Download the 8.0 ipsw. In iTunes click shift and restore for Windows and option and restore for mac (someone correct me if I'm wrong about the Mac one). Select the 8.0 ipsw. It will restore to 8.0. Because it is a restore, you will have to reinstall everything again.

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, is anybody experiencing an issue with bluetooth keyboards where the on-screen keyboard won't automatically minimize when you type on the BT keyboard? Pressing the onscreen button that minimizes the keyboard freezes when that happens, and I have to use a BT keyboard shortcut that usually brings up the keyboard to get it to respond. I've encountered this several times and fixed it by reconnecting the keyboard, but it's certainly destined to be an annoying bug as time passes.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Download the 8.0 ipsw. In iTunes click shift and restore for Windows and option and restore for mac (someone correct me if I'm wrong about the Mac one). Select the 8.0 ipsw. It will restore to 8.0. Because it is a restore, you will have to reinstall everything again.

That would be the process. But as HankAZ said, Apple stopped signing anything below 8.1 so doing all that would be in vain.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I lose 3% max over a 7 hour period on stand by. I restored my phone and set up as new when I updated to 8.1

I used to lose 3% per hour on my jailbroken 4S with iOS 5.1.1, now if I lose 1% per hour during the day it's good enough for me. Over night I only lose 5% over 8 hours.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
All my bluetooth calls were working perfectly fine....I updated to 8.1 and now my Bluetooth constantly loses connection with my vehicle and then reconnects a few seconds later. This is happening during conversations and happened multiple times! Very frustrating....any fix for this?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Apple needs to get it together. There used to be a time when you could update to the latest iOS as soon as it became available with confidence, as bugs were few and far between. Seems like with iOS 7, and more so now with iOS 8, updates are a crap shoot. Some see big increases in smoothness and speed and better battery life. Others, lose important features and functionality or see nasty hits to battery life or lots of stalling freezing and lag. iOS updates are starting to remind me of old BlackBerry OS leaks.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple needs to get it together. There used to be a time when you could update to the latest iOS as soon as it became available with confidence, as bugs were few and far between. Seems like with iOS 7, and more so now with iOS 8, updates are a crap shoot. Some see big increases in smoothness and speed and better battery life. Others, lose important features and functionality or see nasty hits to battery life or lots of stalling freezing and lag. iOS updates are starting to remind me of old BlackBerry OS leaks.

In my experience, Apple does have it together. The only issue that I had with 8.0.2 was an occasional glitch with the rotation from landscape to portrait and back. That was cleared up fine with iOS 8.1. I literally have NO issues with my iPhone 6 Plus or iOS 8.1.

Lugerlicious

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was draining super quick and all I was doing was surfing safari. And the area around the NFC chip got very warm. I suspect it's related to activation of the chip and bugs related to the update.

Apple needs to test software more before they release it!

I reverted back to 8.0.2 and the issue disappeared.

I'm sticking with it till apple can get it right.

rquappe

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 5C got stucked after downloading iOS8.1.
It only shows an image of a Lightning wire coming from the center bottom, a small arrow pointing up to the iTunes logo.
I thought that I had to connect the iPhone to iTunes. I did, but after downloading 1.4 Gb and getting some errors messages, it all ends up in the same image.
I can't go back to iOS8.02.
Can't reset the phone either (looosing all the photos and videos).
Help. Thanks.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My lockup issues have went away with the update. I was having to hard reset my phone 2-3 times a day and I've not had it lock up once since the update.
What is annoying though is the hotspot keeps disconnecting from my tablet if I'm not using it. It may be a built in default but I don't like having to go into settings and opening up hotspot to reconnect my iPad. Is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to get some freezing/lag issues. I restored from a 5S when I got my 6 Plus. If this continues my worst nightmare will become reality. I might have to restore as new.

I setup as new when I got my 6+ & it's been damn near flawless. I tried to restore from my 5S but I was having too many issues.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Decided to hold off updating 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 so I went from 8.0 --> 8.1.

No complaints and happy to have Camera Roll back! :)

NYSportzNut

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed since updating both my iPhone 6 & iPad Mini 2 to iOS 8.1, very graphic intensive websites are causing numerous safari reloads, crashes and even device resprings - I had an online chat yesterday with an AppleCare rep and her supervisor & they were able to replicate the issue on numerous devices running iOS 8.1 - I was told that they spotted an issue in my diagnostics, likely in WebKit since I have multiple crash logs for that. They were bringing it to engineers immediately and profusely thanked me for bringing it to their attention instead of just "living with the problem" - I wish Apple would see this as a prime example of why an iOS public beta would be a huge step in the right direction. OSX Yosemite has been so smooth on my MacBook Pro & I really believe its because of the public beta catching bugs that would normally go unnoticed.

Anyone else seeing this Safari bug and having issues?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR