iOS 8.1 released. Feedback/Bugs Thread

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Okay so texting works nicely from my iPad but my mp wifi only mini still won't tether to my iPhone! It says "Remote hotspot failure" - time to take this to Apple - three updates later and it' still broken.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
For those that are not able to forward text messages. Make sure in Send/Receive your other addresses are checked along with your phone number. After I did that, the code appeared.

If you turned off imessage and text forwarding isn't listed, restart your phone.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
What code are you talking about? I don't see any code.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages
2. Tap Text Message Forwarding
3. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
4. Each computer will get a popup with a 6 digit code
5. Enter that code to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My 5s running smoothly. So far I ve noticed, fast wifi, everything loads faster on wifi, email content loading faster. But haven't seen the option to select LTE, 3G, 2G ...

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm up .700 gb

Updated abt 5 hrs ago and didnt notice the space available right after the update but before the update i had 1.2 gb free and have 2.7 gb free now.
Hope it's not auto deleting my apps or songs 😂

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages
2. Tap Text Message Forwarding
3. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
4. Each computer will get a popup with a 6 digit code
5. Enter that code to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

There is no option for "Text Message Forwarding" in my settings...?

Edit: Never mind. I think I got it. Had to enable my email address on my phone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After have 8.1 installed for a bit on my 5S it's definitely snappier, some of my apps run better, and my wifi slowing issue is fixed.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2