iOS 8.1 released. Feedback/Bugs Thread

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I will test the BT disconnect issue at the gym tomorrow. Only my BlueBudX headphones had the issue.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually having the bluetooth disconnect issue between my 6 Plus and macbook pro 2013. Was trying to enable the SMS thing. Keeps disconnecting. Not going to troubleshoot it. After reboots they should work just fine and they don't. Just going to leave things as is.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have the option to select LTE, 3G or 2G like it says in the release notes? I don't have the option. Maybe carrier specific? With Rogers in Canada

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Afaik you don't have to pair the iPhone and MacBook for the SMS handoff to work. It just works if they are both on same wifi and on the same iCloud account.

They are. When I go to Settings - Messages - Text Forwarding and I toggle it on, it asks me to enter the code showing on my Mac to enable it. Various reboots of both devices, and I do not get a code on the Mac.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't sms I non iOs user on my iPad

To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages
2. Tap Text Message Forwarding
3. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
4. Each computer will get a popup with a 6 digit code
5. Enter that code to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I also don't get a code. Opened up my phone a clicked on the forward and once I restarted my Mac Air it just went away. Seems to work thought.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have the option to select LTE, 3G or 2G like it says in the release notes? I don't have the option. Maybe carrier specific? With Rogers in Canada

You should have a 2G option since you are with Rogers, I'm with bell so I can't get 2G. It could be carrier dependent.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ahh, ok. I meant you didn't have to go thru the Bluetooth settings to pair them that way. I flipped mine on on the phone and got the confirmation codes on both my Mac and iPad.

I really don't know what's wrong then. I turned bluetooth off on my Mac and they're both on the same Wifi. Not getting the code. Messages app pops up on Mac but no code.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages
2. Tap Text Message Forwarding
3. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
4. Each computer will get a popup with a 6 digit code
5. Enter that code to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

Thank you

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I don't get 2G option either and I'm with EE UK. Shame really I was happy when I saw that in the update notes.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Just finished updating. Took long as it downloaded the ota and while verifying gave the error "update not available now. Try again later". Tried 4-5 time and it went through eventually.
2g-3g-lte toggle is back for sure. I am using vodafone.
My 5c is snappier. Scrolling long pages and playlists with many songs is smoother too along with snappier app-switcher.
Hope battery life is as good as it was before the update. 🏄

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

yapkuen

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Can't seem to turn on WiFi Calling on T-Mobile (U.S.) after the update. When I toggle the slider switch to allow WiFi Calling, the phone loads an error page:

IMG_0169.jpg

I'm not 100% sure if this is an iOS 8.1 issue, or if it's trying to load T-Mobile's emergency address page and that page just so happens to be down.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just updated via iTunes without any issue. Haven't used it enough to notice much of anything. I did add my AMEX and MC to ApplePay, though. Woot!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 5s is snappier and smoother. I gained about a half a gb of storage.
I gained .300 gb of storage and my 5 runs quick and smooth. My messages app still freezes up. Not every time. I have 4 keyboards, counting the stock and emoji. I'm not sure what causes the freezing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice