Hand off not working

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've tried just about everything to make hand off work between my 6+ and 15 inch MacBook retina. I've made sure I'm connected to the same wi fi and using the same icloud account whilst it's in range.
I've also tried connection Bluetooth and pair the devices together but no luck.
I've also made sure it's turned on, in my Mac with system preferences no luck.
I have also followed the guidelines from an article on imore stating this issues and still no change.
What the heck am I doing wrong?.
Oh and yes I've made sure it's toggled ON in my setting on my iPhone and for argument sake I've turned it off then on but STILL no change and I've reset my network settings, NOTHING..
The only hand off feature that works is calling and receiving from my Mac, nothing else
Help a brother out!

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Handoff works iPhone to iPad but my MacBook doesn't play nice but does support it. I'm looking for a .01 patch soon hopefully

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
In the same I cannot for the life of me get it to work between my iPad mini and iPhone 6 both on 8.0.2 and on the same wifi network about 5ft apart.

Tried turning handoff off and on and rebooting both and turning mobile calls off and on again but nothing!

Tried unlocked and locked on both devices

Paulsmalls

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Sign out of iCloud on the mac and sign back in. It should reset the syncing with the iCloud account since that's the only missing piece from what you're telling me. It sounds scary and will ask you a bunch of times if it's okay to delete the info from the mac, it should be since it's all in the cloud so you'll have all your info as soon as you log back in. Give it a try and let us know. Just worked for me.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Sign out of iCloud on the mac and sign back in. It should reset the syncing with the iCloud account since that's the only missing piece from what you're telling me. It sounds scary and will ask you a bunch of times if it's okay to delete the info from the mac, it should be since it's all in the cloud so you'll have all your info as soon as you log back in. Give it a try and let us know. Just worked for me.

Just tried this and nothing happened

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe wait until 8.1 comes out and see if your problems are fixed. If you are on the 8.1 beta then I have no idea why it's not working based on what has been said in this thread.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I'm on ios 8.0.2. I'll wait till Monday I guess

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi mate

I had the same problem yesterday after i have upgraded Mavericks to Yosemite. What I did was I have signed out from iCloud on both devices, turned off bluetooth and handoff and then signed in and turned everything on again. Now it works perfectly between iPhone 6 and MacBook Air 2014. Also calling no FaceTime numbers from MacBook works. Waiting for 8.1 to be able to send text messages from my iPad and Mac!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi mate

I had the same problem yesterday after i have upgraded Mavericks to Yosemite. What I did was I have signed out from iCloud on both devices, turned off bluetooth and handoff and then signed in and turned everything on again. Now it works perfectly between iPhone 6 and MacBook Air 2014. Also calling no FaceTime numbers from MacBook works. Waiting for 8.1 to be able to send text messages from my iPad and Mac!

Tried that and no charge

princessiphone

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried it too because I wanted to text my girls who don't have iPhones while I was on my MacBook Air and it didn't work. I thought I was the only one.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sign out of iCloud on everything. Reboot everything. Sign back into iCloud one thing at a time.

Test again :)

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've not got a Mac and cannot get this working between my iphone 6 and iPad mini! Even setup my iphone as a new device and toggled each option and also rebooted untold times and not a single sign of handoff!

y0un63r

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
For some reason handoff works between my iPhone and iPad just fine. It woks from iMac to device just fine BUT not from device to iMac. Any help out there? Very frustrating.

jamesellis9570

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
solution

Hey, i had the same problem as you, 15 RMB and 6+. Go into your sharing, and check if bluetooth sharing is enabled, then if your cautious put all the drop boxes to 'ask what to do'. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods