Is there any way to make my shared library the default one instead of the phone's library?

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have Home Sharing setup on my PC, and my iPhone 6 Plus. On the iPhone, in the Music app, when I select the shared library, it will load and play fine. If I exit the Music app or reboot the phone, when I go back to the Music app, it defaults to the iPhone's library, and I have to load my shared library again... iTunes is left on the PC the whole time. The loading process takes about 30 minutes as I have over 50,000 songs. Is there any way to make my shared library the default one?

All devices are running the latest software as well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have Home Sharing setup on my PC, and my iPhone 6 Plus. On the iPhone, in the Music app, when I select the shared library, it will load and play fine. If I exit the Music app or reboot the phone, when I go back to the Music app, it defaults to the iPhone's library, and I have to load my shared library again... iTunes is left on the PC the whole time. The loading process takes about 30 minutes as I have over 50,000 songs. Is there any way to make my shared library the default one?

All devices are running the latest software as well.

Would you consider turning on Match? I've got a feeling that would solve the downloading process.

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Would you consider turning on Match? I've got a feeling that would solve the downloading process.

I would if I knew that was the problem. I don't feel I should have to pay for something that's, at least the way I'm seeing and interpreting it, built into the phone...?

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I did break down and subscribe to Match but it doesn't seem to do much of anything? I probably need to play with it more, but I don't think that was the answer to my issue unless I'm missing something...

I would love to see an answer for this too. Also with photostream...can we make the shared one default?
In my case, I spoke to Apple Support, and the way the Music and Video apps work is that it defaults to iPhone's Library. This is the default behavior and cannot be changed.

What I ended up doing is because my entire music collection is stored in a WD MyCloud (which iTunes sees automatically if you have the iTunes Server enabled on the MyCloud device), is take music that I listen to the most, Copy them to another folder, and make a library from that. Of course it means either having duplicates, or using yet another storage medium to store what I actually want to listen to, and just have the MyCloud be the "master list" of sorts. The downside to that looks to be that I can't create playlists in this manner, so I would have to have a library dedicated to that location... seems redundant to me...

If I lost you somewhere in there, the way I accomplished what I did was to map the folders as drive letters on my PC.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711