Reduced motion question?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and I've always had reduced motion on but today I reset all my settings and the old animations were back. I've always like the fade in effect of reduced motion but I've found it has more of a stutter than the smooth zoom animation. First does anyone else feel this way and second, do you prefer reduced motion on or off?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I keep reduced motion on. The Parallax Effect did nothing for me. The animations were cool but not as quick as without them. I did like the animated stock weather app. But I keep it on. I keep reduce transparency turned off though. The wallpapers and folders look better that way.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I keep reduced motion on. The Parallax Effect did nothing for me. The animations were cool but not as quick as without them. I did like the animated stock weather app. But I keep it on. I keep reduce transparency turned off though. The wallpapers and folders look better that way.

Do you find that with reduced motion on that it seems to stutter just ever so slightly. Also do you find the fade in animation is actually so fast that even if you furiously tap on an icon after hitting the home button you still have to have to wait a fraction of a second after the animation is finished before the app actually opens or is it just me? The zoom animation with reduced motion off is smoother and the apps open the instant the animation is done. Makes it seem like with reduced motion on, switching between apps actually takes longer.

Maybe I'm just imagining this.

Off topic: does anyone know how much more battery it uses keeping reduced motion/paralax off.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you find that with reduced motion on that it seems to stutter just ever so slightly. Also do you find the fade in animation is actually so fast that even if you furiously tap on an icon after hitting the home button you still have to have to wait a fraction of a second after the animation is finished before the app actually opens or is it just me? The zoom animation with reduced motion off is smoother and the apps open the instant the animation is done. Makes it seem like with reduced motion on, switching between apps actually takes longer.

Maybe I'm just imagining this.

Off topic: does anyone know how much more battery it uses keeping reduced motion/paralax on?
It does take longer. I haven't noticed a stutter. But I haven't been using it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73