It is stated in the app that they are compressed.
    Images over 16mpx are downscaled.
    All images are compressed.
    Google might say it is a "high quality compression". That's marketing talk. Compression none the less.

http://i.imgur.com/TM5fQzA.jpg
    If you go with the original storage, they are full resolution.
    Closingracer likes this.
    07-06-2015 09:54 AM
    It is stated in the app that they are compressed.
    Images over 16mpx are downscaled.
    All images are compressed.
    Google might say it is a "high quality compression". That's marketing talk. Compression none the less.

http://i.imgur.com/TM5fQzA.jpg
    Not all... You can choose original size at a price of space

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-06-2015 05:08 PM
    Box us my favorite. I really like how it works. The Box notes are great. I have folders and subfolders set up. The only down side is the free version has a 250 mb file size limit. So large videos go in Dropbox.
    Eh that is the problem the 250mb limit. I have 100GB free in my one drive account for a while and like 50 on my Dropbox.

07-06-2015 05:09 PM
    Eh that is the problem the 250mb limit. I have 100GB free in my one drive account for a while and like 50 on my Dropbox.

Mine is all free. 50gb Box, 3 gb Dropbox, 30 gb OneDrive. Then there's Google Photos.
    07-06-2015 05:26 PM
    Mine is all free. 50gb Box, 3 gb Dropbox, 30 gb OneDrive. Then there's Google Photos.
    I haven't spent a dime on storage. 100GB free with bing rewards and Dropbox storage was from my Samsung note 3

Ledsteplin likes this.
    07-06-2015 08:06 PM
    I use OneDrive because I get far more storage. iCloud would be ideal as most of my devices are apple but since I subscribed to office 365 to get the full iOS apps, I may as well use my included 1 TB of cloud both for me and my household. I used to use Dropbox but my free space dwindled once the back to school promotion finished so I used that as a good reason to make the shift. I have also found it very useful to access my photos and material through the website and on my Microsoft surface 3 so I'm glad I went with the MS solution.

I'm not sure if iCloud is cheaper but currently I pay for the 20gb plan under a grandfathered plan (I signed up ages ago so apple gave me a discounted option to migrate) but this is only enough for backing up my apps and data. Not enough for regular email use or photo backups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-11-2015 07:42 AM
    The iCloud 20gb plan costs 0.99 for everybody.
    In terms of storage onedrive has the best price, but, as mentioned, their iOS app has a serious bug. You should not trust their photo backup system, or you might lose some files.
    07-11-2015 08:17 AM
    The iCloud 20gb plan costs 0.99 for everybody.
    In terms of storage onedrive has the best price, but, as mentioned, their iOS app has a serious bug. You should not trust their photo backup system, or you might lose some files.
    What's the bug? Who has lost photos with OneDrive?
    07-11-2015 08:52 AM
    The app randomly skips some photos while backing up. It does not return any errors.
    Lots of users did. They trusted that the photos were backed up (the app stated so), and deleted them from the phone.
    If you google "onedrive photo skipping" you'll find it.
    Here's one of the threads where a Microsoft engineer states they're aware of the issue and "working to solve it". This was reported to Microsoft multiple times in the last six months.
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forum...oll-backup-bug
    07-11-2015 11:57 AM
    I haven't spent a dime on storage. 100GB free with bing rewards and Dropbox storage was from my Samsung note 3

That's a temporary promotion and many of us only choose services based on how much space we have permanently or pay for. That was at you aren't surprised when that extra space drops off when your promotion expires.

OneDrive gives you 30GB free, 40GB if you're a good and fathered user from its earlier SkyDrive days. Then you get a TB if you subscribe to Office, making it basically unlimited to most people.

Google Drive also doesn't integrate with desktop software well at all, the way OneDrive does on Windows and iCloud does on OS X. The Sync client is flaky and installs background services and auto updates in the Task Scheduler on Windows as well.

It's a decent service, though it seems a lot of people are sold on it primarily because of temporary storage promotions which is not all that great if you think you actually will need that amount of space. Either you keep buying devices to keep getting promotions or you pay for it. The end result is you're still paying for storage like any other service.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    07-11-2015 12:39 PM
    What's the bug? Who has lost photos with OneDrive?
    My post explaining it to you is awaiting moderation due to a link. But basically OneDrive skips some of the photos, does not back them up and does not return any errors. That has been documented to happen in all three portable systems (IOS, Android and Windows). Google "OneDrive photo backup skip". If my answer to you ever comes live, you'll have one link where a Microsoft Engineer says they're aware of the issue. It has been reported multiple times over more than six months.

That's a temporary promotion and many of us only choose services based on how much space we have permanently or pay for. That was at you aren't surprised when that extra space drops off when your promotion expires.

OneDrive gives you 30GB free, 40GB if you're a good and fathered user from its earlier SkyDrive days. Then you get a TB if you subscribe to Office, making it basically unlimited to most people.

Google Drive also doesn't integrate with desktop software well at all, the way OneDrive does on Windows and iCloud does on OS X. The Sync client is flaky and installs background services and auto updates in the Task Scheduler on Windows as well.

It's a decent service, though it seems a lot of people are sold on it primarily because of temporary storage promotions which is not all that great if you think you actually will need that amount of space. Either you keep buying devices to keep getting promotions or you pay for it. The end result is you're still paying for storage like any other service.

If you're a paying costumer and go to preview (dot) onedrive (dot) com you will receive unlimited storage.
    It is not instantaneous. You have to wait a while (less than a week, in my experience). They will credit 10Tb in your account and send you an e-mail where they state that if you use all 10Tb, they'll add another 10tb...
    07-11-2015 12:46 PM
    Yea I did that before I ended and then restart d my office subscription but hadn't bothered with it again. Microsoft had sent me an email about it.

07-11-2015 12:47 PM

You can still buy storage off Bing rewards so it's a moot point . Just umm search on Bing over Google. Google isn't a company I am terribly fond of

07-11-2015 12:55 PM
    I was really liking OneDrive as part of my Office 365 subscription. But then I found out that:

- OneDrive re-names the photos uploaded from ios. When I take a photo with my iPhone it will give it a name like IMG_0123.jpg and when it is uploaded to the OneDrive cloud it is re-named to something like 20150812-17453675_ios.jpg. This is unacceptable to me because the whole purpose of cloud storage is for it to be 1:1, or more simply put, to have the EXACT file in all places. Plus, having the photo re-named by OneDrive is making it difficult for me to sort photos past and present as the naming convention is no longer followed or consistent. In fact, the random set of numbers that OneDrive adds to the name of the photo is confusing, an eye-sore and is not a logically chronological number.

- OneDrive does not upload the burst photos taken with my iPhone 6 whereas iCloud will upload all the burst photos if that the ''upload bust photos'' setting is turned on.

Again, I was really liking OneDrive until I ran into these 2 problems. Now I find it unreliable and buggy.
    08-12-2015 10:06 PM
89 ... 234