iCloud VS OneDrive for picture backup

DPetry

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
According to Microsoft's employee Arvind Ram OneDrive is designed to compress user Photos, which could lead to loss of data. You can check his answer at Microsoft own user forum:
xZIMuhJ.png
That's not something explicit for the final user, that believes the backups are 1:1 copies.

That's just another major issue with OneDrive on top of IOS Backup Feature skipping user photos, as reported on onedrive user voice.

DPetry

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
That's more of an iOS issue than anything. I find most apps that rely on background uploads kind of terrible on the iPhone due to the way it governs background tasks.

Actually no, OneDrive just skips some of users photos. That's a known bug that has been around for more than 6 months and has nothing to do with background uploading.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
All,

I am looking to backup my pictures from my iPhone. I have been using OneDrive and have been happy using it.

I thought I would try iCloud because it is integrated into IOS 8 and my get better all-around performance.
I have been having a heck of a time either getting used to it or maybe I am just be doing it wrong.

Which one do you prefer and why?

Thanks,
A.B.

One drive, drop box or any third party is better imo. Should you decide to move on to Android or elsewhere you can easily get those pictures. Also if you have a Windows PC it's easier to use those services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPetry

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
That's subjective / up to "joe" to decide.
I'm stating a fact.
In the future you might be sorry to have saved only compressed versions.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Box us my favorite. I really like how it works. The Box notes are great. I have folders and subfolders set up. The only down side is the free version has a 250 mb file size limit. So large videos go in Dropbox.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I love box. I have it set up on both my iPhone and my Samsung galaxy. It's so great to be able to view all photos I've uploaded to it from both devices as well as my computer

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Box us my favorite. I really like how it works. The Box notes are great. I have folders and subfolders set up. The only down side is the free version has a 250 mb file size limit. So large videos go in Dropbox.

Eh that is the problem the 250mb limit. I have 100GB free in my one drive account for a while and like 50 on my Dropbox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I use OneDrive because I get far more storage. iCloud would be ideal as most of my devices are apple but since I subscribed to office 365 to get the full iOS apps, I may as well use my included 1 TB of cloud both for me and my household. I used to use Dropbox but my free space dwindled once the back to school promotion finished so I used that as a good reason to make the shift. I have also found it very useful to access my photos and material through the website and on my Microsoft surface 3 so I'm glad I went with the MS solution.

I'm not sure if iCloud is cheaper but currently I pay for the 20gb plan under a grandfathered plan (I signed up ages ago so apple gave me a discounted option to migrate) but this is only enough for backing up my apps and data. Not enough for regular email use or photo backups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro