Touch ID working well?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am using iOS 8.02 on an iPhone 6. I have two fingers set up for touch ID, my thumb works great, perfect every time, my right fore finger works great for a very little while then never works. I have re set it up several times, even set the same finger up twice as two separate fingers. I have cleaned the button, washed my hands, everything. It works perfectly for a short time with that finger, then not at all.

Anyone else seen problems with touch ID? I remember having similar problems with iOS 7 that went away with a subsequent update. I wonder if it will be better with iOS 8.1

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It was flawless on IOS8 but since 8.0.2 I get bad readings and I have to repeat the scan about 50% of the time, now. I hope they'll fix it but it doesn't bother me much, Im still used to entering my PIN number.

iloveamystery

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It seems you've done everything I could suggest to try to fix your issue. I did have a few more Touch ID problems on my 5s at first than I have on my iPhone 6 at the start. I'm on 8.02 as well, for the record.

Do you have a scar on the finger that is giving you problems?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems you've done everything I could suggest to try to fix your issue. I did have a few more Touch ID problems on my 5s at first than I have on my iPhone 6 at the start. I'm on 8.02 as well, for the record.

Do you have a scar on the finger that is giving you problems?

No, nothing that I know of. It's crazy because it works perfectly at first - I test it, even use my finger to unlock the phone with the phone sitting on my desk the way it usually does (thinking having the phone at a different angle might make a difference). But then it just does not work.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got both thumbs set and they hardly ever fail. Actually I can't think of when was the last time I had to do a rescan.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I set up Touch ID with four fingers when I first purchased my Verizon GOLD iPhone 5s in December and never reset. It's been working GREAT with no problems since day one with all of the iOS updates.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
When it was first released last year it was hit or miss, but over the last year and all the updates it has been spot on now.

I am getting 98% success with my 5s, 6 and 6 Plus. The only time it has a little bit of an issue is when I am at the gym and my hands are super sweaty, but even then it is rare that it doesn't work.

Try registering a different finger from that hand and see if it has better results

TGR1

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
As others have said after the updates in iOS 7 it has worked beautifully for me. The times when it fails, though, are consistent: hands are damp, I have gotten dehydrated, washed hands too much or used them a lot so skin is scuffed. I have one finger that is a bellwether! After a day or two of behaving myself it goes back to being very reliable.

Try another finger or another part of the thumb.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW