I really hate it when Apple forced you to install iBooks + Podcast

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
?!
Proprietary software is software licensed under exclusive legal right of the copyright. Nowhere does it say that apps must be LOCKED in a phone; a phone I paid $750 for. Apple can sell me a phone with its software but I should have the ability to delete it.

This really made me laugh.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Unless stated otherwise, yes it does mean they can lock down whatever they want.
And obviously they do. My point remains standing: Let customers decide. The jail-breaking phenomenon, or privilege escalation, sprung from such sentiments.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
:eek:You defend them better than they do...
I wrote a rather lengthy letter to Apple. But this is a community thread in which we discuss issues.

Not necessarily defending 'them'. Just stating the obvious. If you want it changed, talk to the people that can change it. We are not 'them'.

What response did you get from your letter?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily defending 'them'. Just stating the obvious. If you want it changed, talk to the people that can change it. We are not 'them'.
Understood. I consider this a dialog as all threads are. Since you take Apple's side I'm having a dialog with you...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Understood. I consider this a dialog as all threads are. Since you take Apple's side I'm having a dialog with you...

Not any more. It's clear that I cannot resolve your grievance with Apple's oppressive behavior.

And I am not necessarily taking Apple's side, but I do recognize that I don't have the power to change their policies.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
And obviously they do. My point remains standing: Let customers decide. The jail-breaking phenomenon, or privilege escalation, sprung from such sentiments.

And, customers did decide...when they purchased the phone in the first place. You bought a finished product, you didn't buy into an open source developing platform. From the beginning, Apple made it clear that they would control it and that's what's happening here.

If you don't like it, well then tell them and maybe they will listen.

Beamed over the interwebs, via my 5S and Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just hide them in a nested folder, and put the folder way over on the last screen page. Be done with it. They don't take that much space. Only iBooks at 42.2 mb empty. All things considered, that's not that much. As stated already, we're lucky we don't have 8 permanent apps of Verizon or AT&T on our phones in addition to Apple's.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
If I remember correctly didn't Apple state some time around WWDC, possibly before it that iBooks & Podcasts was getting integrated into iOS 8. At least be thankful that they've not integrated iTunes U into iOS aa that takes up about 65 meg of space even when empty.

Just be thankful Carriers don't get a say in iOS otherwise it'd be full of Carrier apps that would hardly leave any space for user apps, music & pictures, as well as the fact that carriers wouldn't release iOS versions for older supported devises & minor updates would take months to be released. I'd rather take a few apps that hardly get used & timely updates over carrier Bloatware, slow updates & being forced to upgrade my phone for to get the next iOS release.

Roland