Out of interest how many of you are using a 5Ghz wireless network that are experiencing these issue as I'm using a 5Ghz wireless network and I wonder if it's related or anything related?

I'm using my 2.4Ghz network I have slow downs
    10-11-2014 08:19 PM
    Take a look at Apple's kb article on suggested Wifi settings for routers. Might help. BTW I have no issues on Wifi using 2.4 or 5.

iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points
    Thanks, I already have my router setup with exactly those settings. I genuinely don't thin this is releasing to the router or the security protocols as if there was a security issue it either wouldn't accept the wireless password altogether or would just fail to connect. My issue is once my wifi drops I then try to force it to reconnect and the list of available wireless networks in range is empty and it just says searching... When I fact in my building there's 15+ wireless networks and once I reboot my iphone it then immediately connects and also shows all the wireless networks. As it doesn't show any networks at all it's not router specific plus it's happening to s high percentage of users who I doubt have the same router or settings. That's a handy article for people to read though so thanks for the post! That might solve some other issues for people. Cheers
    10-11-2014 08:47 PM
    6 plus 128gb Verizon
    No wifi issues at all
    On iOS 8
    8.1 beta 1
    8.2 beta 2

Does anyone here with issues maybe have a router in common or other apps in common ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-11-2014 09:25 PM
    I'm positive it's not router specific as when the issue occurs it then fails to display any wireless network SSID until a reboot and my particular router is my ISP here in the UK's own brand which I doubt would be related to any of the U.S. or Indian users affected.

I do think it might be related to a or some particular apps. This would mean Apple wouldn't have flagged this issue in testing because they wouldn't have tested against all third party apps. If it was one or more apps that weren't compatible with iOS 8 this would make sense and perhaps they are crashing the wifi connection or hanging the connection so the iOS thinks wifi is still in use and doesn't search or something silly. It's pretty difficult to know what app is doing it or what apps we have in common. Also it's really difficult to identify whether you're affected or not unless you witness it happening whilst you're actually using the phone or even using data on the phone as using it on a call would still not highlight this. The best way is you reset your mobile data statistics when you know you're going to be connected to wifi for a long period of time ideally a day and then check the amount of mobile data used. If you're on wifi for the duration then the amount of mobile data should effectively be 0 or more realistically a few kilobytes here and there. If you are witnessing a few hundred K then it's likely the wifi dropped at some stage and it was using mobile data to check for emails and other background data checks.

Try this and see if you are seeing an increase if you can?
    10-11-2014 09:56 PM
    I'm using 8.1 beta2 and still have wifi issue. I didn't have wifi drop when using 8.0.2 but it's still same issue. Wifi connected but apps doesn't seem to recognize wifi exists. Or at least there was some delay. Try it with stock apps. It should keep blinking during trade. Or try it with spotify. The song stop playing after 2-3 song due to connection drop. After 3 minute, it resume itself
    10-11-2014 11:30 PM
    I would restore set up as new keep all stock apps and see if wifi drops at least then you would know and app back one app at a time and see

10-11-2014 11:42 PM
    iPhone 4s 32GB

iOS 8.1 Beta 2

Wi-Fi sometimes have an issue and reboot don't fix it... But after sometime it's OK...

10-13-2014 05:00 AM
    Again after resetting network my iphone worked fine for 2 days then again dropped wifi signal and in anger i didnt restart my phone, i thought that it got disconnected and let it like this only then after few minutes i checked again my wifi was reconnected lolz, dont know whats going on, first time i didnt reboot my device and it connected again after few minutes but i tried flight mode on and off and wifi on and off but nothing worked that time, all i saw that wifi was searching router name and no connections were coming up in dispay, its a huge bug.
    10-13-2014 07:18 AM
    iPhone 6, 64g, pick up the day after launch. Haven't lost WiFi signal yet.
    10-13-2014 07:26 AM
    After buying i didnt face this problem when my device was on ios 8 but when i updated to ios 8.0.2 after 1 week of buying then this wifi thing start happening,
    10-13-2014 08:27 AM
    I've had this issue with my 16gig (launch day) iPhone 6 on 8.0.2. I'll drop wifi and then it can't find any networks. I've contacted Support and have done all their suggested tasks- reset network connections, restore and reset my AirPort Extreme. The issue persists. Their final suggestion has been to replace the device but I really don't want to go through all that hassle just yet. I'll wait to get 8.1 today and see if it continues.

Meanwhile my girlfriends launch day 64gig 6 doesn't have this issue.
    10-20-2014 12:46 PM
    I've had this issue with my 16gig (launch day) iPhone 6 on 8.0.2. I'll drop wifi and then it can't find any networks. I've contacted Support and have done all their suggested tasks- reset network connections, restore and reset my AirPort Extreme. The issue persists. Their final suggestion has been to replace the device but I really don't want to go through all that hassle just yet. I'll wait to get 8.1 today and see if it continues.

Meanwhile my girlfriends launch day 64gig 6 doesn't have this issue.
    I had this on my 6 and I exchanged it and it did it once on the day I exchanged but hasn't done it once in over 10 days now!
    10-20-2014 03:17 PM
    Is anyone still getting this issue? Mine's been perfect for a couple of weeks now!
    10-23-2014 04:31 PM
    iPhone 4S
    iOS 8.1
    Speeds drop from the usual 30+ MbPS down to 1-2.5 MbPS at random. Switching Airplane Mode on and off again seems to fix it (for 30 minutes or so).

Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to affect my iPad mini.
    10-27-2014 08:06 AM
    Is anyone still getting this issue? Mine's been perfect for a couple of weeks now!
    Mines been working fine since the 8.1 update.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    10-27-2014 08:39 AM
    So far this worked for me. I disable the 40mhz channel bandwidth on both my 2.4ghz & 5ghz wireless networks. I'm using an Asus RT-N66U router. So far, no drops, no hanging, no slowdowns, and no slow wait startups when toggling wifi back on.
    10-28-2014 07:09 AM
    So far this worked for me. I disable the 40mhz channel bandwidth on both my 2.4ghz & 5ghz wireless networks. I'm using an Asus RT-N66U router. So far, no drops, no hanging, no slowdowns, and no slow wait startups when toggling wifi back on.
    I remember having to do that with my older Linksys WRT160N router so my iOS devices would work properly on wireless N. I currently have an AirPort Extreme AC but I don't have a Mac to change those settings to see if it would make a difference for me in terms of overall performance.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    10-28-2014 08:01 AM
    iPad Air 2
    iOS 8.1
    Asus RT-AC66U router
    5.0 GHz

My iPad Air worked fine on the router. my iPad Air 2 will continue to show connectivity but the data is extremely slow. I haven't tried the 2.4 GHz side yet. The only devices that are setup on the 5.0 GHz side are my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 6. I leave the iP6 WIFI off in an effort to conserve battery power. All of my other Apple devices, 3 older iPads, wife's iPhone 5C and her iMac are set to run on the 2.4 GHz side only. My iMac is hardwired to the router.
    10-30-2014 12:32 PM
    I have an iphone 5s which is currently running iOS 8.1. My wifi keeps loosing sync as well. My wireless was running great until about Sept of 2015. Be careful if your Wifi is dropping out. You will want to turn off WiFi Assist under settings-phone-WiFi Assist. If this is turned on your iphone will default to using data because the iOS is causing the WiFi to drop. I am on a family plan with a friend of mine and I had to pay extra money for the data I used up because I did not know I was automatically being shifted to data instead of using my Wifi at home. I think this is a purposeful bug to get more money for the cell providers. I only say this because it seems that both iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 have the same issue. Also there is no ability to revert back to 7.
    02-02-2016 03:20 AM
    I doubt that. I think Apple simply messed up making it the default. IMO! Most people don't take the time to read and learn about new phones and a new OS. The info is there. One only has to look at it.
    02-02-2016 03:42 AM
45 12