I have a friend with a 5 running iOS 8.0.2 and as of the latest update, the time is off by 63 minutes and cannot be manually changed through Settings (toggle keeps turning Automatic back on). Also, he cannot receive text messages from certain people.

Any thought on the time issue?

I tried another VZ SIM (even though I thought Verizon/Sprint didn't use SIM cards), same result after several reboots. I have restored through iTunes using a freshly downloaded copy. Still no change.
    Last edited by xMatter; 10-09-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    10-09-2014 05:18 PM
    LTE uses SIMs, it's the "next generation" of GSM. Once the 3G networks go away and everyone is on LTE (or newer) everywhere, the only hardware differences between an AT&T phone and a Verizon phone should be the supported frequencies.

I suspect the time and messaging issues may be the same thing. If your friend cannot manually change the time and it is not picking up the correct time from the cellular network, have your friend call the cellular carrier about how to update what is sometimes called the PRL, sometimes the Roaming List. If that fails, your friend should then do a device restore via iTunes. This will completely wipe the thing and install a newly downloaded copy of iOS8.0.2.
    10-10-2014 08:37 AM
    I have done the restore through iTunes, no luck. I will have him look into the PRL and roaming items.
    10-10-2014 09:01 AM
    LTE doesn't use the PRL updating method. It updates by the SIM card automatically.
    10-10-2014 10:15 AM