Does anyone have problems with streaming apps staying connected via Wi-Fi on iOS 8?

JSalt11

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I know that there have been several issues with iOS8 staying connected to WiFi, but I have a different issue. I usually use my YouTube App as I'm falling asleep to watch relaxation videos. I don't use wifi, but rather my cellular data to run the app (lets not even talk about how much data that adds up to). Since I updated to iOS8, my apps have not been able to stay connected to the data source in order to work. This is only with video services, my streaming music has not had a problem. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, did you find a solution to the problem?

Thanks everyone!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't, but I do recall seeing pop-ups in the past in regard to streaming services where apps ask if I was still listening to music or still viewing the video, and if I didn't acknowledge that I was, the app would cease playing. I don't recall if I was on Wi-Fi or cellular at the time. Anyway, is there a setting in the YouTube app that can be adjusted in this regard?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen