Favorite keyboard?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
For now I'm using TouchPal because it has auto correct and a nice amount of themes. 2 things that are important to me. What are you using and why?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey because it's black. The stock keyboard is too hard to see for an old guy with bad eyes. Apple must think everyone has 20/20 vision.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I loved Swiftkey because of the black keyboard, but I uninstalled it because it doesn't work with quick reply. When it does I'll use it again as my default keyboard

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I like Minuum & with the recent update they've added themes, that gives you an option of 12 colours to set your keyboard to.

Roland

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing I will say. As much as people complain about apples autocorrect, it's much better than a lot of these keyboards. I like swiftkey but it was TOO aggressive and messes up tags on social media.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One thing I like about SwiftKey, is you can remove words from the predictive dictionary. Just long press the word you want removed, and it gives you the option. They made it easier to switch keyboards. Here's the word removal option:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412680286.708784.jpg

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
None, because none of them are any actual improvements that I can tell. At least, not on an iPhone 5. And some of them are definitely worse with predictive text that cannot be turned off.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
None, because none of them are any actual improvements that I can tell. At least, not on an iPhone 5. And some of them are definitely worse with predictive text that cannot be turned off.
My eyes are bad, and I have problems with the light coloring of the stock predictive words. SwiftKey is black and I see the words better.

MilliwaysPub

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I've tried Fleksy, SwiftKey and Minuum but I keep going back to the stock keyboard. I do have to say that out of those 3 I do like Fleksy the most.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have tried almost all of them now, and TouchPal has been the winner. Gives you swipe and still gives you access to the emoji.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One thing I will say. As much as people complain about apples autocorrect, it's much better than a lot of these keyboards. I like swiftkey but it was TOO aggressive and messes up tags on social media.
For me to like auto correct, I would need to wipe it clean and start over. Too many mistakes I have made keep coming up as options. Many are not even words. :)

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Still using Apple keyboard because it was working fine without that auto correct that i hate.
Will try touchpal because it was doing a great job on Android. Will also try out the Swift Key keyboard because it is black.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro