Issit okay to have lots of apps in ur phone?
    10-06-2014 10:03 AM
  2. Lt_Solorna said: Best Answer

If you have the memory, then yes. If you have limited memory then no.
    If you have the memory, then yes. If you have limited memory then no.
    10-06-2014 10:06 AM
    It's all personal preference. If you have the storage space.
    10-06-2014 10:15 AM
    It's definitely okay if you have the space; but why would you want a lot of apps?
    10-06-2014 10:57 AM
    Don't worry, installing apps won't slow down your iPhone as is the case with android devices. Enjoy your iPhone. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    P.S. I currently have 112 apps installed on my iPhone and 176 on my iPod touch 5th gen.

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums
    10-06-2014 10:58 AM
    Don't worry, installing apps won't slow down your iPhone as is the case with android devices. Enjoy your iPhone. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    P.S. I currently have 112 apps installed on my iPhone and 176 on my iPod touch 5th gen.

Just curious why bring android into this conversation that was intended to be an apple question.

And which android are you talking about? There are many androids that are quite slow and many that are very fast
    geekymcfly likes this.
    10-06-2014 11:02 AM
    Android is slow and clunky without installing any apps. Lol
    sau124 and usedberry like this.
    10-06-2014 11:10 AM
    See I like my iPhone 6 cause it's great for me. I'd never however call a galaxy s5, note 4 or G3 slow or garbage because I'd look foolish

Grouping android devices into one category doesn't work they have so many different ranged phones from low end to high end.

To answer this question though no you shouldn't have to worry about having lots of apps just make sure not to have a ton running in the background when they aren't being used
    geekymcfly likes this.
    10-06-2014 11:11 AM
    Just curious why bring android into this conversation that was intended to be an apple question.

And which android are you talking about? There are many androids that are quite slow and many that are very fast
    Cos that's the reason why most of the people ask this question; my experience so far at least. And I've been a Note2 n S4 user.
    No hard feeling for android lovers though. ๐Ÿ˜Š

10-06-2014 01:34 PM
    Cos that's the reason why most of the people ask this question; my experience so far at least. And I've been a Note2 n S4 user.
    No hard feeling for android lovers though. ๐Ÿ˜Š

So by coming out and saying it's better than an android is helping the question in any sort of way?
    10-06-2014 01:37 PM
    So by coming out and saying it's better than an android is helping the question in any sort of way?
    That's the thing, i never said which is better as it depends on one's definition of good and bad so is purely subjective.
    I said it to convey across the point that if op has been an android user and asking therefore, he needs not worry. I was also under the same impression when moved to iPhone having used blackberry and android for yrs.

10-06-2014 01:43 PM
    The OP's question was in regard to having lots of apps on installed on a phone, and not an Android vs iPhone debate so let's keep the conversation on topic please. Thanks...
    anon4757448 likes this.
    10-06-2014 01:55 PM
    The OP's question was in regard to having lots of apps on installed on a phone, and not an Android vs iPhone debate so let's keep the conversation on topic please. Thanks...
    Exactly
    10-06-2014 01:59 PM
    You're right but op indeed was asking about having many apps installed on an iPhone else why would he post here! ๐Ÿ˜Š

10-06-2014 02:25 PM
    Won't hurt at all as long as you have the storage space for it. A couple of things to keep in mind though:

- Many apps store data in iCloud, so you may run out of space there more quickly as well.
    - Some apps request to run in the background. Make sure you manage these permissions to ensure that your battery life stays nominal.
    usedberry and ppatel2001 like this.
    10-06-2014 03:31 PM
    Will it make your phone lag in terms of animation?
    10-06-2014 06:51 PM
    Not at all, it will have no impact on performance
    10-06-2014 07:20 PM
    10-06-2014 10:06 PM
    I just deleted all apps that i dont use and the phone is so much faster.
    10-06-2014 10:07 PM
    I have 139 downloaded apps currently on my iPhone 5. 35 of those are photography apps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    usedberry likes this.
    10-07-2014 02:34 PM
    I just deleted all apps that i dont use and the phone is so much faster.
    Generally, apps won't slow your phone. They will some if they use functions and services such as location, background app refresh, and whatnot.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    10-07-2014 02:45 PM
    I had roughly 325 apps on my 4S until I recently restored it. It was fine.
    10-07-2014 02:54 PM
    Don't worry, installing apps won't slow down your iPhone as is the case with android devices. Enjoy your iPhone.

Hey @H A W K, @userberry was explaining that he wouldn't have to fear a slower device by installing many apps like Android is lagging at.
    It doesn't matter how fast or powerfull the Android phone is, it will always slow down because Android apps are almost always running in the background on a unrooted Android phone.
    Take the app Google+, it was taking more than 75MB of my RAM storage without ever used it or opened it.
    So this is why he brings Android to the discussion i think.
    usedberry likes this.
    10-07-2014 03:08 PM
    Hey @H A W K, @userberry was explaining that he wouldn't have to fear a slower device by installing many apps like Android is lagging at.
    It doesn't matter how fast or powerfull the Android phone is, it will always slow down because Android apps are almost always running in the background on a unrooted Android phone.
    Take the app Google+, it was taking more than 75MB of my RAM storage without ever used it or opened it.
    So this is why he brings Android to the discussion i think.
    Yeah ok. I've faced the fact the android vs Apple thing is pointless to stop I'm just gonna stop being involved in them because it's stupid. If you notice your phone lagging hardcore because of apps on a galaxy you have good senses
    10-07-2014 04:23 PM