Is anyone getting a Settings app crash with 8.0.2.?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone getting a settings app crash with 8.0.2.? I have a 5S.
Tapp the app and it crashes every now and then.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Settings App crashes iOS 8.0.2

Here the same. After a clean install it went away until I installed and removed a new app today.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Settings App crashes iOS 8.0.2

I did a restore as new last week. For me the crash is random. I just checked and it happened.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Only after entering the usage -> manage storage section my settings app crashes at some point.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been able to replicate the crash every time on my iPhone - sent a bug report
Go to Privacy Settings - Locations - System Services - Turn Frequent Locations (on to off)
Happened couple times on Location based iAds

Everywhere else it seems pretty stable - iPhone 6, clean install

CylonJason

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My settings app crashes every time I go to settings- general- usage- manage storage- music, when I scroll through down through the list of music, the settings app freezes then crashes. Is that doing the same thing with yours?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My settings app crashes every time I go to settings- general- usage- manage storage- music, when I scroll through down through the list of music, the settings app freezes then crashes. Is that doing the same thing with yours?

I doubt that the OP is still experiencing the crash issue, but I could be wrong. The date of this thread is October of last year. Anyway, I recommend you restore your device and set it up as new or update to the latest iOS version for your device, if you haven't already.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Mark Barner

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes I also tried this.
Every time I want to go and delete music from my iPhone within usage -> manage storage -> Music, the settings app crashes. I have iTunes Match so I don't want any music to take up space on my phone but I can't seem to delete the music for some reason!?

Looking for anyones advice or solution :)
Thanks

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I went to delete an app from my iCloud backup today and the settings app crashed out. Did it a couple of times also.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had a settings app crash since I started this thread which was like a month a some change before I got a 6 Plus. Not sure if a restore as new fixed it or the next update did.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro