Does reduce motion makes your phone feels slow?

Brandonlowsklow

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Does reduce motion makes your phone feels slow? Also people says that if ur phone is slow its better u turn on reduce motion to remove the lag in animations? Issit true? Hope to hear from u guys.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: reduce motion

Animation will slow down older devices so I would suggest trying the Reduced setting and see if it helps you out. You can always turn it off if it doesn't make any difference

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have reduce motion enabled, but it does not make my iPhone 5 feel slower, in my opinion.

Brandonlowsklow

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. But does it really saves battery? Cause in my opinion it does for a bit, because if theres is motio the accelerometer will be working all the time when u tilt ur phone. So do u feel it does saves battery? Even a bit.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: reduce motion

Animation will slow down older devices so I would suggest trying the Reduced setting and see if it helps you out. You can always turn it off if it doesn't make any difference

I've got motion & animations enabled and it doesn't slow my 4S down and it's the oldest of the supported devices for iOS 8, also it never slowed my 4S down when using iOS 7.

Roland

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh okay. But does it really saves battery? Cause in my opinion it does for a bit, because if theres is motio the accelerometer will be working all the time when u tilt ur phone. So do u feel it does saves battery? Even a bit.

I have read in several articles that enabling reduce motion saves battery. I have no idea how much, and it would be a challenge to test it given all of the variables you would need to account for. I enabled it just in case it does save on battery, and because I prefer the much more subtle transitions it provides.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So should i turn on reduce motion on my 4S?

It's really matter of personal preference as I've got it turned off and have not noticed any excessive battery drain other than what having Bluetooth switched on for my fitbit Flex creates, also having it switched off hasn't impacted the performance of my 4S.

It really comes down to wether you like the animations e.t.c that having it switched off produces or if you like the iOS 6 lack of animations.

Roland

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It makes your phone or other Apple iOS8 devices more fast but it's making it so ugly looking, all the animations are one of the biggest contributions to the iOS OS's .
The reduce of animations reminds me to pure Android that i really hate.

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes the iOS8 animations are beautiful, you don't think so?

I turned off the animations soon after iOS 7 was downloaded and only turned them back on yesterday to give them a go again, after reading this thread. It's been 20 hours or so and I just can't take it. Turned those animations back off and don't plan to turn them on again. Who knows, maybe I'll like iOS 9 animations better someday.

Glad we were given the option to turn them off.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I turned off the animations soon after iOS 7 was downloaded and only turned them back on yesterday to give them a go again, after reading this thread. It's been 20 hours or so and I just can't take it. Turned those animations back off and don't plan to turn them on again. Who knows, maybe I'll like iOS 9 animations better someday.

Glad we were given the option to turn them off.

I'm glad we are given the option as well. I'm not a fan of animations