Safari: Stop reloading my pages!

osceolakid

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Have iPad 2 and was going nuts with the reloading as well in Safari. Followed advice earlier in thread and Removed all website data and for now no constant reload issue!!

:beer:

griffin58

May 11, 2016
Visit site
What iPhone are you using? It is important to understand that there is something called "memory" and every model has different cache memory. So if you have lot of pages open and/or lot of apps open in the background iOS intelligently manages the same and clears the cache. By doing so it looses the information stored in Safari and that is the reason the pages refreshes.

One option is to close webpages that you no longer use and/or manually kill the apps that you are not using. Specially apps that are resource hogs.

Let's start with the iPhone model?

WynneF

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I found this really useful on top of clearing my history- just navigate to Settings > General > Reset Network Settings (your device will reboot afterwards)

Hey presto; websites load perfectly and links from facebook etc don't continue to reload.:D

erieside

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Safari: Stop reloading my pages

This has been happening to me for years even though I have tried all the closing apps, closing tabs, clearing history, resetting, etc. nothing has helped. :sarcastic:

Dray Core

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys. Im here to ask for some help. I just bought an iphone 7 plus bt when i want to go to a certain website it keeps loading the page thus not allowing me to go to tt certain website. Is there any way to fix it???

jfksdca

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
Your post is 9 months old but you were right that it is safari and the problem persists so I’m adding my comments. I’m really bad about having open tabs for articles I will Read in next day or so. I’ve found that Firefox app will let you go right back where you were without reloading the page. I’m hoping Apple will see your post and the number of people who wish that, too.

Manu Puthumana

Jan 13, 2019
Visit site
I was annoyed by the same problem. Quite a lot of discussions on this with no clear answer. I have the problem on iPhone and iPad. I don’t know if we all are talking of the same challenge. My issue is, I leave a lot of pages open for reading later and many times I can’t as the pages are trying to reload and I have no data connection - say in an airplane.

Solution that’s working for me : Add to “reading list”. The page loads even if there is no internet once it’s added to reading list.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro