So just got 2 iPhone 6 Pluses.
    Have 2 iPads
    Have 2 iMacs
    Have ONE iCloud account that everything shares.
    In the past, no real issues, iMessage on my Wifes devices all work from her cell number IE iPhone, iPad and iMac. Same for FaceTime.
    Now with IOS 8 there are issues.
    Her devices show me. What I mean is on her iPhone Siri thinks she is me. If I change my name to her name, it also changes on all my devices.
    So my question is what is the best way to setup iCloud. I have tried to setup her iPhone with a new Apple ID as primary and my ID as secondary. Her ID just using Mail and mine Notes, Contacts, iCal and Photos. But her phone acts the same.
    I think it has to do with Contacts. Since ME on Contacts on the iMac shows my Name. And if I change that it changes everything.
    Anyway, sorry for the long version, but we want to share everything including the Drive Space.
    So how should all of this be setup under IOS 8??
    Thanks
    10-01-2014 08:28 PM
    You're going to need separate iCloud accounts plan and simple, iTunes accounts not need be any different for apps or music, but the iCloud accounts are going to need to be separate and don't use your iCloud email as a secondary ID, I'm about 90% that's your problem

Hope this helps
    10-01-2014 09:05 PM
    Ok, then how can we share Calendars, Notes and Contacts?
    It seems like there is a way to share Calendars in the new Family Share, but I have yet to set that up.
    Also iCloud Drive cannot be shared as when I setup her account it only gave her the 5GB of free space.
    10-01-2014 10:14 PM
    For calendars you can always share an entire iCloud calendar. This doesn't require family sharing. On the calendar of choice, tap the 'i' to go to the edit page and choose who to share with. In your case you would choose to share with your wife's new iCloud account.
    Attachment 67029
    10-01-2014 10:37 PM
    Contacts and Notes cannot be shared with two different iCloud accounts. Not sure how you use Notes, but if it's for lists of items, the Reminders app allows you to share lists similarly to the Calendar app. In this case tap Edit on the list you want to share, and then you should see a line to Share the list.
    Attachment 67031
    Attachment 67032
    10-01-2014 10:43 PM
    The general recommendation is that each person should have their own iCloud account for Messages, FaceTime, calendars, mail, etc.
    To share purchases in the AppStore or iTunes (music, movies, tv), you log into the AppStore with the AppleId that you share.
    This doesn't obviously address the sharing of Contacts or iCloud storage space. Family Sharing won't help with that though either.
    10-01-2014 10:47 PM
    Contacts and Notes cannot be shared with two different iCloud accounts. Not sure how you use Notes, but if it's for lists of items, the Reminders app allows you to share lists similarly to the Calendar app. In this case tap Edit on the list you want to share, and then you should see a line to Share the list.
    My experience with sharing Contacts on iOS 8 also shares "Recents" - especially those that are shown in the Recents section of the App Switcher. Again, in my experience, this appears to be an issue more for recently texted Contacts than for called Contacts. Currently have a case open with an Apple iOS Senior Advisor.
    10-01-2014 10:48 PM
    You need 2 separate iCloud accounts to begin with. You can go under iCloud in settings, go to add account. For your wife's phone, type in your iCloud ID and password. Then turn on or off anything you want to share-calendar, contacts, etc. My wife and I have been doing this for years.
    I also have a work calendar we all share, but instead of shared calendars, we all just add account to iCloud and turn on only calendars. This way it has always been seamless and easy. There always seem to be minor glitches with sharing unless you just sign into the iCloud account.
    I hope this makes sense.
    10-02-2014 08:21 AM
    Ok, I see what your sayinng about a separate iCloud account on the phone.
    I would assume then that I would setup my Wifes iMac and iPad with her new iCloud account as well??
    10-02-2014 08:23 AM
    Ok, I see what your sayinng about a separate iCloud account on the phone.
    I would assume then that I would setup my Wifes iMac and iPad with her new iCloud account as well??
    Yep
    10-02-2014 08:26 AM