How do I add "favorites" in Apple Maps on IOS 8?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I see there is now "favorites" where destinations I had previously bookmarked are listed. How do you add a new address to favorites?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
re: How do I add "favorites" in Apple Maps on IOS 8?

If you have the address listed under a contact you'll do this:

- Tap favorites where you're seeing it

- On the bottom go to the contacts tab at the right

- Select the contact and the saved address

- Once the contact is showing on the map, tap the contact, and tap the top right corner tab and you'll see the option to add to favorites

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

- Once the contact is showing on the map, tap the contact, and tap the top right corner tab and you'll see the option to add to favorites

What if the address is not listed under a contact? I Drive a delivery truck and the addresses I'd like to save I'd prefer not to save as contacts. I liked the previous IOS 7 maps feature where you could just bookmark an address inside Apple maps itself.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What if the address is not listed under a contact? I Drive a delivery truck and the addresses I'd like to save I'd prefer not to save as contacts. I liked the previous IOS 7 maps feature where you could just bookmark an address inside Apple maps itself.

I believe if you manually insert the address in the text field on maps it will end up under your "recent" on that same tab on the bottom that I was talking about.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe if you manually insert the address in the text field on maps it will end up under your "recent" on that same tab on the bottom that I was talking about.

So it appears in this new IOS 8 maps there is no longer a way to "bookmark" an address.

narkose

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Once you enter an address and Maps finds it, select the pin. In the top right hand corner is a share icon. Tap that and it should give you the option to "Add to Favorites". It will ask you to select a name and that's it. It will now show up in the favorites list in Maps.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Once you enter an address and Maps finds it, select the pin. In the top right hand corner is a share icon. Tap that and it should give you the option to "Add to Favorites". It will ask you to select a name and that's it. It will now show up in the favorites list in Maps.

Great concept but I've tried it 3 times and the address still doesn't appear in favorites.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I just cleared my recents, re entered the address went through the same process and now it appears in favorites. Thanks for the help

wdlass

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I had 200 bookmarks that I created in maps by entering gps coordinates. The app was working great for me. After IOS 8 my bookmarks became favorites. Unfortunately, now when I select one of my bookmarks/favorites, it gets me near but not exactly to the original coordinates. Also instead of the pin displaying the bookmark/favorites tag name it displays the approximate street address. I can make a new favorite that is correct, but the old ones no longer work correctly. Remaking all 200 bookmarks will be a chore.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I had 200 bookmarks that I created in maps by entering gps coordinates. The app was working great for me. After IOS 8 my bookmarks became favorites. Unfortunately, now when I select one of my bookmarks/favorites, it gets me near but not exactly to the original coordinates. Also instead of the pin displaying the bookmark/favorites tag name it displays the approximate street address. I can make a new favorite that is correct, but the old ones no longer work correctly. Remaking all 200 bookmarks will be a chore.

That sucks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234