iOS 8.1 Beta 1 is out. Feedback/bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
i don't like the name 'camera roll' but i like what that folder does. it basically acts like a folder for all unsorted pics/vids. i didn't like that 'recently added' only showed recent pics and to find old pics that i hadn't sorted i had to try and find them in the 'moments' area which is a pain since there's around 5000 pics/vids in there.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
personally i haven't seen anything much changed in 8.1 in terms in visuals or features or anything like that. the performance is much smoother though. as like with 7.1 i can say that 8.1 feels like what 8.0 should've been.

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
How do you have it configured?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Here are the instructions i found on another forum.

Initial Steps:

-On your Mac go to About this Mac > System Report. Under the Bluetooth Category your LMP version needs to be 0x6.. Anything lower And the hand off feature will not work. I have heard phone call do however.

-On Your Mac: Go to system preferences > General > and click the "allow handoff" box at the bottom.

-On your iDevice Go to settings > general > and enable hand off.

-On your Mac open FaceTime and go to preferences. Check the "allow iPhone calls" box.

Next few steps:

- Make sure Bluetooth and Wifi are turned on for both devices.
- Make sure you are logged in to the same iCloud account on both devices.
- Make sure that your FaceTime is also logged in to the same account (this is needed for the phone calls feature to work).
- Make sure you are on the same Wifi network. Especially if you have a dual band Router. Both devices need to be on the same band to work. Don't connect to 2.4ghz on on device and 5ghz on the other.

** SMS and calls JUST work! **

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Has/did anyone install iOS 8.1 Beta 1 from a Mac running Yosemite GM or Public Beta 4? Just wanted to find out if iTunes 12 manages to crash like it did when iOS 8.0 GM was available.

I know I managed to update my iPhone 5S to iOS 8 on my MacBook Pro running Yosemite Public Beta 3 without a hitch on release day, but just wanted to pick your guys' brains on this.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Has/did anyone install iOS 8.1 Beta 1 from a Mac running Yosemite GM or Public Beta 4? Just wanted to find out if iTunes 12 manages to crash like it did when iOS 8.0 GM was available.

I know I managed to update my iPhone 5S to iOS 8 on my MacBook Pro running Yosemite Public Beta 3 without a hitch on release day, but just wanted to pick your guys' brains on this.

I know there was one update to iTunes 12 (possibly 2). It should be fine at this point.

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I put 8.1 on my iPad Air from a Mac running either the Yosemite GM or the previous Developer Preview. I don't remember if I did the iPad first to 8.1 and then Yosemite to the GM or vice versa. Definitely on iTunes 12.

Bit the bullet and answered my own question - updated my iPad 3rd Gen 1st and now my iPhone. Thanks!

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
For anyone that's using the 8.1 beta that also uses google calendar, can you confirm that in the default iOS calendar that it shows your correct time zone instead of gmt after import?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I will be installing b8.1 today on my production iphone6 and 6+. Did the 5s yesterday without issue.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I will be installing b8.1 today on my production iphone6 and 6+. Did the 5s yesterday without issue.

Did you notice any good or bad differences after updating on your 5s? Because I'm thinking about updating it to 8.1 beta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Did you notice any good or bad differences after updating on your 5s? Because I'm thinking about updating it to 8.1 beta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. So far it's been solid on the 5s. I upgraded that first and no issues at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just finished putting 8.1 Beta 1 on my iPhone 5, and thus far, it's working like a champ. Hopefully, the QuickReply option will work consistently under the following conditions in the Notifications Center via the lockscreen with "Show on Lockscreen Off". It worked about 85% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.