iPad 2 losing cellular connection after iOS 8 update

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a cellular iPad 2 and ever since the iOS 8 update, the device no longer connects to the 3G network.

It works if I urn it off and on again (flight mode doesn't work) but it only lasts for a couple of hours before displaying 'No Service' again in the top left corner. It never did that on previous OS iterations at all.

I see from the Apple Support forums this is an issue others have experienced - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6560628

Has anyone else experienced this and/or can provide any assistance please?

I'm sure I saw something on here about this but for the life of me I can't find it.

Is iOS 7 still being signed? If so I could potentially roll back but this would have to wait until tomorrow.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a cellular iPad 2 and ever since the iOS 8 update, the device no longer connects to the 3G network.

It works if I urn it off and on again (flight mode doesn't work) but it only lasts for a couple of hours before displaying 'No Service' again in the top left corner. It never did that on previous OS iterations at all.

I see from the Apple Support forums this is an issue others have experienced - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6560628

Has anyone else experienced this and/or can provide any assistance please?

I'm sure I saw something on here about this but for the life of me I can't find it.

Is iOS 7 still being signed? If so I could potentially roll back but this would have to wait until tomorrow.

iOS 7 is not being signed anymore (window closed on Saturday @ 9am EST)

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 is not being signed anymore (window closed on Saturday @ 9am EST)

Oh well, thanks for the info.

I wonder what Apple will do if I take this into a store. I absolutely need the cellular connection for my iPad, it's the reason I bought it in the first place.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh well, thanks for the info.

I wonder what Apple will do if I take this into a store. I absolutely need the cellular connection for my iPad, it's the reason I bought it in the first place.

I would take it in just to hear what they have to say about it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner