Shared Photo Stream Photos Mystery.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I toggle on "shared photo stream" for the first time ever. I think. This is a new feature, right? Anyway, I toggle it on and find I have a few photos there. ? It says I posted them in January of 2013. I had my iPhone 4 then. They are old photos of my parents, and the album is titled, "parents". Where would I have posted those photos where they now show on Shared Photo Stream? It even created an album with those photos titled "parents".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That's strange I also tried the shared photo when I first got my i5 a while back and it never did what it suppose to do

Maybe you was experimenting with it and forgot about it and it was in iCloud limbo floating around in that cube from the Superman Movie

wiino

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Thing is that cloud and photos are messed up all together.

About week ago i found out that I'm missing bunch of photos. Only glimpse off them i saw when I opened "some" photo on mac (preview) then i went on top file>open and got this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412004794.352776.jpg

And when i hit open there they were. All of them (missing). bud only there.
But couldn't access them neither from mac, phone or stream.
Good thing i got FB photo sync enabled back then, so i do have about 300 of them (on FB of course) but not physically on my devices.
And photo stream only shows photos i sync now. And as remember a while ago i got about 3-4 albums shared.
Weird thing is, that iCloud preview crashed every time i was trying to access those photos. When count hit about ~1500 photos it crashed.
Will try again with Yosemite. But i have to wait for that for now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Shared photo streams go back at least as far as iOS 6. So I'm guessing that you were probably experimenting with it a while ago. Unlike your personal photo stream with the 30 day/1000 photo limit, the shared ones keep photos around forever. Before the Family Sharing set up a shared photo stream, I created several to transfer photos from my husband's phone to mine.
So Shared Photo Stream is not a new feature and was in my settings in January of 2013? I just don't recall posting those photos there. Must have though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am still curious to see if the photo sharing falls under the same rule as the 30 day/1000 photo limit.
Do the albums get deleted after 30 days? I created several out of curiosity.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR