ello,
    I'm a battery saver freak, disable most battery-draining feature that is possible, always close apps from the app switcher and so on. I'm coming from iOS 6 to iOS 8, which has the Parallax effect feature. It was introduced in iOS 7 but people said that it drained your battery somewhat. I did turn it off partially because I don't want my icons "floating" on the homescreen and to save some extra battery life. But what I dislike is that with having the Parallax effect off it also affects the animation when opening/closing an app, unlocking/putting phone to sleep really awfully.
    So now finally to my question, have people already done some research if they have improved the way it works to not drain battery as much or is it gonna be a "Either you live with it, or don't" kind of thing? Really wished that atleast they could have seperated the animation and the floating icons feature but I'm stuck having to live with both floating icons and battery drain?
    09-26-2014 05:43 PM
    I don't know, but I haven't read any posts about it draining the battery when enabled.
    09-26-2014 05:46 PM
    I don't know, but I haven't read any posts about it draining the battery when enabled.
    Really dislike the choppy and unnatural animations so I guess I'll have to try and live it even though it really hurts my battery-heart everytime I see the damn icons move. Hopefully such an options becomes (after a certain kind of break) available where I atleast could separate the Parallax and the animation.
    09-26-2014 06:09 PM
    When you set up a wallpaper (for lockscreen or the Springboard, it doesn't matter), there is a button to turn Motion ON or OFF, which is going to enable or disable the parallax effect.

Just like this:

Battery drain with Parallax effect in iOS 8?-disable-parallax.jpg

I'm pretty sure this option was introduced in iOS 7.1 and I believe it won't mess with the animations.

Why don't you give it a try?
    09-26-2014 09:07 PM
    When you set up a wallpaper (for lockscreen or the Springboard, it doesn't matter), there is a button to turn Motion ON or OFF, which is going to enable or disable the parallax effect.

Just like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disable-parallax.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	66424

I'm pretty sure this option was introduced in iOS 7.1 and I believe it won't mess with the animations.

Why don't you give it a try?
    Where the motion button is on your screenshot it says "Perspective" on my 6 when I go there.
    jason_mabry likes this.
    09-26-2014 09:23 PM
    settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion Turn off to use Parallax. Turn on to not use Parallax.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    lmd052300 likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:06 PM