You might wanna look into your settings to enable the mail app as a refreshing background service.
    I tried it on my 2 older iPads, 3 and 4 and they work like they should. Both have the refresh in the background shut off. It looks like it may be an iPad Air problem.
    09-30-2014 08:40 PM
    On my friends 5S (ATT) Siri gets activated when charging at night and is responding to questions being asked on the TV.
    This has happened several times and no one is saying "Hey Siri".
    Spooky,
    Does anyone have a solution?
    TIA
    09-30-2014 09:39 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing a lag when connected to Wifi? Apps are so slow to load up.
    Since yesterday my wifi won't kick in when I enter my apartment from going out somewhere,it'll just stay on 4G then when I go to connect it to the wifi it eternally loads so then I have to power off my device then turn it back on THEN in works...
    09-30-2014 10:22 PM
    Also having problems staying on LTE. Speeds have slowed by 5mb up and down. Gmail will not push emails and messages have a delay.
    09-30-2014 11:59 PM
    On my friends 5S (ATT) Siri gets activated when charging at night and is responding to questions being asked on the TV.
    This has happened several times and no one is saying "Hey Siri".
    Spooky,
    Does anyone have a solution?
    TIA
    • Turn off "Hey Siri"
    • Turn down the TV
    • Charge the phone when the TV is off

10-01-2014 06:04 AM
    Also having problems staying on LTE. Speeds have slowed by 5mb up and down. Gmail will not push emails and messages have a delay.
    GMail stopped pushing in 2013, which is probably why. If you had it on a phone then and upgraded, it would go away. I had it on my iPhone 5, but not on my 6.

Google's push Gmail changes surprise new iPhone buyers, Apple store reps

I use the GMail app, or just live with the 15 minute fetch. It's not a big deal -- if it is, I'll open the mail app and refresh periodically if I'm expecting something, but I don't feel as though I've lost anything.
    10-01-2014 06:06 AM
    Only positive change I noticed - on the phone calls I received today, I didn't have to say "Hello" more than once. I used to have a terrible lag between hitting the answer button and having the caller be able to hear me.
    I've noticed this as well since upgrading to iOS 8.0.2 - previously on iOS 7 id have to pause a second or two before actually saying "hello" when a call came in. I'm happy to see this is resolved.
    robertk328, mooch91 and Darran like this.
    10-01-2014 11:05 AM
    8.0.2 has not been good to me. I've had multiple apps blow away for no apparent reason on both my iPad Air and my iPhone 6. 3rd party keyboard doesn't stay selected in all instances and sometimes, I get a big grey box instead of the keyboard and the only way to remedy that is to close out of the app I'm in and relaunch. I tried to take a video earlier and the image just froze after I started recording and then the camera app blew away. This is a disappointingly buggy release and I hope they fix it soon. I know I've encountered some other issues as well but they're escaping me at the moment.
    10-01-2014 01:56 PM
    I had a weird problem today with the native calender app. It showed the appointments from the day before (=no appointments). Removing the widget and adding it again didn't help, needed a reboot to get it working again.
    I was not happy that it showed me an empty calender while I had several appointments.
    Installed 24me which gave me the correct data with their widget while the native app kept giving me the wrong old information (until reboot).
    10-01-2014 03:51 PM
    Had my first problems ever with my iphone 5, after the 8.0.2 update. Phone was ultra-reliable beforehand, has been quirky since.

Sometimes drops calls, or I don't hear the other person.

Siri wouldn't respond to me at all today - gave me an error message saying she was unavailable.

Tonight all of my data was stuck - nothing receiving or sending. I had to go in and "delete network settings" to get it to return. Couldn't send/receive emails, nor texts. Could still make phone calls.

Battery life appears a little worse. I went back in to settings and tried to remember which background refreshes, notifications, and privacy settings I had set to "off" since it appears some reverted back to "on" since the update.

Only positive change I noticed - on the phone calls I received today, I didn't have to say "Hello" more than once. I used to have a terrible lag between hitting the answer button and having the caller be able to hear me.

Hope it's not a sign of things to come, hoping the network reset (once) does the trick.
    I too feel like my 5s is just not right since the 8.0.2. My data was all "stuck" too last night. I feel like my battery life is worse, but I restored as new through itunes and it's a bit better now. I have problems sometimes connecting to wifi networks I've always connect to. And I've had the phone freeze several times while I am in various parts of the Settings app which NEVER happened before on this phone. Overall it works, but just not as good or as smoothly as before.
    10-01-2014 04:13 PM
    My battery is acting weird today. Battery percentage is all over the place.
    Edit: battery reached 100%, was on standby for 3 hours. All is well, it stayed at 100%
    Last edited by joemd60; 10-02-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    10-02-2014 06:57 AM
    My daughter is having an issue on her 5c, where after updating iOS, her group iMessages have changed to Group MMS instead. Apparently in 17-year-old girl world, this is some sort of crisis issue. Anyone have a similar experience or know a workaround?
    10-02-2014 07:08 AM
    Wifi really slow in my iPhone 5s after iOS 8.0.2. For an example, this forum takes a minute or so to download on wifi. But when on mobile data, it only take seconds. But my wifi connection is faster than mobile data.
    10-02-2014 11:07 AM
    Wifi really slow in my iPhone 5s after iOS 8.0.2. For an example, this forum takes a minute or so to download on wifi. But when on mobile data, it only take seconds. But my wifi connection is faster than mobile data.
    I have that same issue, my 5th generation iPod doesn't have that issue on iOS 8

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    10-02-2014 01:18 PM
    Had the same issue...switching router security from WPA to WPS fixed it.
    10-02-2014 02:55 PM
    My issues are phone locks up constantly I have to hard reboot it 2-3x a day. Next is it drops calls continuosly and if I'm on a blue tooth device and receive a call it wont connect to device I have to turn it off and back on to talk thru my bluetooth. Next is my hotspot is always disconnecting my iPad and I have to go back into settings on both devices to reconnect.

Very annoying coming from an android device I really had high hopes Apple was more on top there game than google but thus far it's not proven to be the case.
    10-02-2014 06:28 PM
    My issues are phone locks up constantly I have to hard reboot it 2-3x a day. Next is it drops calls continuosly and if I'm on a blue tooth device and receive a call it wont connect to device I have to turn it off and back on to talk thru my bluetooth. Next is my hotspot is always disconnecting my iPad and I have to go back into settings on both devices to reconnect.

Very annoying coming from an android device I really had high hopes Apple was more on top there game than google but thus far it's not proven to be the case.
    They usually are. Not sure what happened with iOS 8.
    10-02-2014 11:36 PM
    They usually are. Not sure what happened with iOS 8.
    It was a weird one this time around
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-03-2014 02:19 AM
    My iPad Mini Retina is sometimes very slow to change orientation. In fact, it occasionally freezes when it tries. It's really annoying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-03-2014 09:56 AM
    Do you guys feel my issues are iOS 8 related or is it possibly hardware related

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro
    10-03-2014 12:28 PM
    Do you guys feel my issues are iOS 8 related or is it possibly hardware related

I'd hold judgement until you reinstall a fresh copy of iOS. It's possible that things got corrupted during the upgrade.
    10-03-2014 12:31 PM
    I'd hold judgement until you reinstall a fresh copy of iOS. It's possible that things got corrupted during the upgrade.
    Ok I did a backup and restore thru iTunes do I need to do something differently as that didn't help

10-03-2014 02:30 PM
    I am having reminder problems. The remind me at location is not working.
    10-03-2014 03:55 PM
    Now I'm starting to get that app updates issue where you have to update apps twice. I updated an app on the 2nd of October and today I just got the same update and I checked for updates last night too.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    10-04-2014 09:42 AM
    Now I'm starting to get that app updates issue where you have to update apps twice. I updated an app on the 2nd of October and today I just got the same update and I checked for updates last night too.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    There was a reported to be an issue with the App store that was causing this. I read this morning that it has been resolved.
    TomsAndroid and acerace113 like this.
    10-04-2014 10:36 AM
261 ... 7891011