Thanks. I did try this as I had read that this helped even with 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. It has not helped. (Tried several times...)

Reset your network settings. The only thing you'll have to do when your phone reboots is put in your password(s) for any wifi networks you use in your phone.
    09-29-2014 02:23 PM
    Thanks. I did try this as I had read that this helped even with 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. It has not helped. (Tried several times...)
    Sorry to hear that didn't help. If it becomes that troublesome I would suggest doing a back up, restore and then reload your back up.
    09-29-2014 03:05 PM
    Hey guys, I am having trouble with the smoothness of scrolling. Its very jerky on almost all my apps. Any advice? Never had this issue before.
    09-29-2014 03:34 PM
    Looks like 8.1 beta is out.
    09-29-2014 06:40 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing a lag when connected to Wifi? Apps are so slow to load up.
    09-29-2014 08:25 PM
    Works fine on my 5s. Fixed most of my little visual bugs that didn't really effect usability just looked annoying.
    09-29-2014 08:30 PM
    I had to turn off iCloud on my 5s, after 8.0 and 8.02; still a problem. It wanted me to log into iCloud constantly, so that I couldn't even use my phone. I tried resetting my password numerous times, and it just wouldn't take anything. My Mac and iPad are doing fine. I sure would like a fix for my phone. Everything was fine until I updated.
    09-29-2014 08:31 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing a lag when connected to Wifi? Apps are so slow to load up.
    Yeah a bit. Or at least I thought. Speedtest.net app said my wifi is fine so it's probably just in my head
    09-29-2014 08:34 PM
    A couple of times when I used spotlight search the screen will go black. Reboot or turn the device off takes care of it. Anyone else notice this happening?
    No mine is fine with the uodate. Never updated to 8.0. Jumped in when 8.0.2 arrived

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB
    09-29-2014 10:48 PM
    I am having connectivity issues on 8.0.2. Lose LTE and my emails and data only work sometimes. Done a reboot but that didn't help.
    09-30-2014 02:58 AM
    I got 8.0.2 yesterday and i thought it would lag on my Apple Devices, but it's quite amazing, all those new features are making my Apple Devices really fine
    Just disabled spotlight for the first time to speed up my Apple Devices and applied a hard reset.
    09-30-2014 03:41 AM
    I got 8.0.2 yesterday and i thought it would lag on my Apple Devices, but it's quite amazing, all those new features are making my Apple Devices really fine
    Just disabled spotlight for the first time to speed up my Apple Devices and applied a hard reset.
    I use spotlight a good bit but just disable the ones I don't use, like email, messages, etc. mainly use it to find apps in folders and contacts.
    09-30-2014 07:01 AM
    Yeah, but only after 5 minutes. Then it loads slow for about 2 minutes then it's back to normal and never slows again. I've also noticed that my apps will fail or stop loading while I receive a push notification, once I get the notification it's back to normal.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-30-2014 07:36 AM
    Has someone mentioned the "missing" voice message and selfie options?
    09-30-2014 01:23 PM
    8.0.2 fixed the one issue I was having with 8.0, it broke my Bluetooth with my headset and I couldn't get it to pair up until now! #HappyDance
    09-30-2014 01:45 PM
    Probably, in iMessage can you now send voice messages and you can take selfies but that's in iOS for a long time.
    09-30-2014 02:14 PM
    On my iPad Air when I check my EMAILs I don't receive the new EMAIL sound. I just checked my iPhone 6 and it works fine. I know that the sound worked fine with latest iOs 7.X.

And yes I have the sound enabled in the Settings-Sounds screen. In fact when I select a new sound and go back to my original sound it will play in the settings screen but not in the Mail screen.
    09-30-2014 03:43 PM
    On my iPad Air when I check my EMAILs I don't receive the new EMAIL sound. I just checked my iPhone 6 and it works fine. I know that the sound worked fine with latest iOs 7.X.

And yes I have the sound enabled in the Settings-Sounds screen. In fact when I select a new sound and go back to my original sound it will play in the settings screen but not in the Mail screen.
    You might wanna look into your settings to enable the mail app as a refreshing background service.
    09-30-2014 04:53 PM
    Probably, in iMessage can you now send voice messages and you can take selfies but that's in iOS for a long time.
    I wasn't aware it's been in iOS for a while. I was referring to the quick selfies and voice messages right from a message.
    09-30-2014 04:59 PM
    I wasn't aware it's been in iOS for a while. I was referring to the quick selfies and voice messages right from a message.
    Oh i wasn't aware yet of the quick selfies, the voice messages are quite amazing .
    09-30-2014 05:01 PM
    Odd. The options just showed up.
    09-30-2014 05:03 PM
    I use spotlight a good bit but just disable the ones I don't use, like email, messages, etc. mainly use it to find apps in folders and contacts.
    The problem for me is that Spotlight is 24/7 running in the background what i actually don't prefer
    09-30-2014 05:13 PM
    The problem for me is that Spotlight is 24/7 running in the background what i actually don't prefer
    If you don't use spotlight then by all means disable it.
    09-30-2014 05:20 PM
    Mine was on as well. Tks Ledsteplin

If you scroll all the way down the same screen there is an item called Traffic.
    Do you have any idea what this does?
    Does it give me Traffic info when I'm in Maps or Siri asking for directions?
    TIA
    It has to do with traffic alerts on the notification screen. It needs GPS for that. Might be ok in the big cities. I keep off.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    TurboTiger likes this.
    09-30-2014 05:30 PM
    Had my first problems ever with my iphone 5, after the 8.0.2 update. Phone was ultra-reliable beforehand, has been quirky since.

Sometimes drops calls, or I don't hear the other person.

Siri wouldn't respond to me at all today - gave me an error message saying she was unavailable.

Tonight all of my data was stuck - nothing receiving or sending. I had to go in and "delete network settings" to get it to return. Couldn't send/receive emails, nor texts. Could still make phone calls.

Battery life appears a little worse. I went back in to settings and tried to remember which background refreshes, notifications, and privacy settings I had set to "off" since it appears some reverted back to "on" since the update.

Only positive change I noticed - on the phone calls I received today, I didn't have to say "Hello" more than once. I used to have a terrible lag between hitting the answer button and having the caller be able to hear me.

Hope it's not a sign of things to come, hoping the network reset (once) does the trick.
    09-30-2014 07:26 PM
261 ... 678910 ...