iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Only positive change I noticed - on the phone calls I received today, I didn't have to say "Hello" more than once. I used to have a terrible lag between hitting the answer button and having the caller be able to hear me.

I've noticed this as well since upgrading to iOS 8.0.2 - previously on iOS 7 id have to pause a second or two before actually saying "hello" when a call came in. I'm happy to see this is resolved.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
8.0.2 has not been good to me. I've had multiple apps blow away for no apparent reason on both my iPad Air and my iPhone 6. 3rd party keyboard doesn't stay selected in all instances and sometimes, I get a big grey box instead of the keyboard and the only way to remedy that is to close out of the app I'm in and relaunch. I tried to take a video earlier and the image just froze after I started recording and then the camera app blew away. This is a disappointingly buggy release and I hope they fix it soon. I know I've encountered some other issues as well but they're escaping me at the moment.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I had a weird problem today with the native calender app. It showed the appointments from the day before (=no appointments). Removing the widget and adding it again didn't help, needed a reboot to get it working again.
I was not happy that it showed me an empty calender while I had several appointments.
Installed 24me which gave me the correct data with their widget while the native app kept giving me the wrong old information (until reboot).

goldmagpie

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Had my first problems ever with my iphone 5, after the 8.0.2 update. Phone was ultra-reliable beforehand, has been quirky since.

Sometimes drops calls, or I don't hear the other person.

Siri wouldn't respond to me at all today - gave me an error message saying she was unavailable.

Tonight all of my data was stuck - nothing receiving or sending. I had to go in and "delete network settings" to get it to return. Couldn't send/receive emails, nor texts. Could still make phone calls.

Battery life appears a little worse. I went back in to settings and tried to remember which background refreshes, notifications, and privacy settings I had set to "off" since it appears some reverted back to "on" since the update.

Only positive change I noticed - on the phone calls I received today, I didn't have to say "Hello" more than once. I used to have a terrible lag between hitting the answer button and having the caller be able to hear me.

Hope it's not a sign of things to come, hoping the network reset (once) does the trick.

I too feel like my 5s is just not right since the 8.0.2. My data was all "stuck" too last night. I feel like my battery life is worse, but I restored as new through itunes and it's a bit better now. I have problems sometimes connecting to wifi networks I've always connect to. And I've had the phone freeze several times while I am in various parts of the Settings app which NEVER happened before on this phone. Overall it works, but just not as good or as smoothly as before.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My battery is acting weird today. Battery percentage is all over the place.
Edit: battery reached 100%, was on standby for 3 hours. All is well, it stayed at 100%

Last edited:

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
My daughter is having an issue on her 5c, where after updating iOS, her group iMessages have changed to Group MMS instead. Apparently in 17-year-old girl world, this is some sort of crisis issue. Anyone have a similar experience or know a workaround?

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Wifi really slow in my iPhone 5s after iOS 8.0.2. For an example, this forum takes a minute or so to download on wifi. But when on mobile data, it only take seconds. But my wifi connection is faster than mobile data.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wifi really slow in my iPhone 5s after iOS 8.0.2. For an example, this forum takes a minute or so to download on wifi. But when on mobile data, it only take seconds. But my wifi connection is faster than mobile data.

I have that same issue, my 5th generation iPod doesn't have that issue on iOS 8

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

Had the same issue...switching router security from WPA to WPS fixed it.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My issues are phone locks up constantly I have to hard reboot it 2-3x a day. Next is it drops calls continuosly and if I'm on a blue tooth device and receive a call it wont connect to device I have to turn it off and back on to talk thru my bluetooth. Next is my hotspot is always disconnecting my iPad and I have to go back into settings on both devices to reconnect.

Very annoying coming from an android device I really had high hopes Apple was more on top there game than google but thus far it's not proven to be the case.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My issues are phone locks up constantly I have to hard reboot it 2-3x a day. Next is it drops calls continuosly and if I'm on a blue tooth device and receive a call it wont connect to device I have to turn it off and back on to talk thru my bluetooth. Next is my hotspot is always disconnecting my iPad and I have to go back into settings on both devices to reconnect.

Very annoying coming from an android device I really had high hopes Apple was more on top there game than google but thus far it's not proven to be the case.

They usually are. Not sure what happened with iOS 8.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
My iPad Mini Retina is sometimes very slow to change orientation. In fact, it occasionally freezes when it tries. It's really annoying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys feel my issues are iOS 8 related or is it possibly hardware related

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

I'd hold judgement until you reinstall a fresh copy of iOS. It's possible that things got corrupted during the upgrade.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm starting to get that app updates issue where you have to update apps twice. I updated an app on the 2nd of October and today I just got the same update and I checked for updates last night too.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm starting to get that app updates issue where you have to update apps twice. I updated an app on the 2nd of October and today I just got the same update and I checked for updates last night too.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

There was a reported to be an issue with the App store that was causing this. I read this morning that it has been resolved.

wxman2003

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For those having wifi issues (losing connection), try turning location services off for weather. I notice that sometimes my wifi disconnects when it tries to get the weather when it wakes from sleep. The location arrow is showing when it wakes, and sometimes the wifi icon disappears at the same time. Turned weather off, and my wifi connections holds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox