iOS 8 battery life: inconsistent?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
So I've been running iOS 8 on my iPad Air and iPhone 5S for a while now. The battery life I've been getting on my iPad is very inconsistent. I've gotten well over 15 hours on one charge, then I struggled to get to 10 hours on the next charge... My usage is fairly consistent. So I don't know why the variance in battery life.

My iPhone on the other hand, with iOS 8, standby battery life is phenomenal. But usage battery life is about the same, or sometimes slightly worse.

What have been your experiences with battery life on iOS 8 from one full charge to the next full charge?

Last edited:

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Was bad for me iph6 first 4-5 days. Did restore as new. 2 days later it is much better. Probably a little better then 5s now. The first day after restore wasn't better. But now it's great.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I've been running iOS 8 on my iPad Air and iPhone 5S for a while now. The battery life I've been getting on my iPad is very inconsistent. I've gotten well over 15 hours on one charge, then I struggled to get to 10 hours on the next charge... My usage is fairly consistent. So I don't know why the variance in battery life.

My iPhone on the other hand, with iOS 8, standby battery life is phenomenal. But usage battery life is about the same, or sometimes slightly worse.

What have been your experiences with battery life on iOS 8 from one full charge to the next full charge?

My 5S has been doing the same thing as your iPad since iOS 7. I can't figure out why yet.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Same here on a 4S. Really bad. I don't complain about minor battery changes, as they are hard to see, but I see a steady and quick drop on the 4S with IOS8. I can't make it through the day anymore.