Swiftkey vs Swype: Which one is better and what are the advantages over one another?

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
So i need an advice before spending a dollar on swype.

Which one is better and what are the advantages over one another?

Also, why do i keep getting the stuck keyboard back when I'm using swiftkey? it's so annoyinggggg!!!! id say it's beyondddd annoying!!!

z06gal

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have not tried Swype but Swiftkey is outstanding for me. It is the only feature I missed when I had Android phones. I am glad to see it now available for iOS ;)

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I missed predictive text in Swype and think SwiftKey is superior in guessing the correct words while swiping. With Swype I had to correct every four words manually which slowed me down.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
While none of the 3rd party keyboards are free of bugs, I prefer SwiftKey. I used it with Android so it already has learned a lot about me and predicts what I want to say very accurately. It could look better but there will eventually be a theme store and I care more about how it works than the look of the keyboard.

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Never tried Swiftkey- I went right to Swype with ios8. Love it. I get the correct words about 95% of the time.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I like the stock keyboard. I haven't used any of the new keyboards for iOS 8 on my iPhone, but I used a variety of keyboards on my Nexus, and I always preferred the stock iOS keyboard. The new iOS 8 keyboard is nice.

I kind of hope with iOS 8 allowing 3rd party keyboards, that maybe BlackBerry will offer a downloadable version of their BB OS 10 keyboard. I can dream, right? Lol

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried both and I did not like how swift key made you accept sending your typed data to their servers to update their dictionary on your phone.

I tried swipe and it is buggy.

Therefore staying with the default

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on a 4S waiting for 6p. I immediately downloaded SwiftKey. (Well after long enough to totally love predictive text.) I love swiping, but I feel like there is quite a big of lag now anytime I need to input text- waiting for the keyboard to come up. I also installed it on my mini, only to find SwiftKey doesn't allow swiping on ipad. I think I'd like to try Swype, too. That's my MO- buy a bunch of apps, use them, keep the best.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Also, why do i keep getting the stuck keyboard back when I'm using swiftkey? it's so annoyinggggg!!!! id say it's beyondddd annoying!!!

I'm always amazed that people run out and spend hundreds of $$$ on a new phone but cry and whine over a $1 app...

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I missed predictive text in Swype and think SwiftKey is superior in guessing the correct words while swiping. With Swype I had to correct every four words manually which slowed me down.

Swype has been available on Android for a while & used to use it on and off when I was using an Android Phone (before I saw the light & switched to an iPhone).

Roland

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
W
i'm always amazed that people run out and spend hundreds of $$$ on a new phone but cry and whine over a $1 app...

because the phone i will use. However, i dont know about that keyboard. I dnt like wasting money.

Bye felicia

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I have been using Swype. I like the gestures better on Swype and the themes are better to me. It has been the best dollar I have used this far.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The bug that still persists is that the keyboard does not work if the phone is on the lock screen and I get a message. I cannot reply in the message box with the swype keyboard. That sucks. I hope that they fix this soon.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

Scorpion667

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Been using Swype since 2011 on and off. I've tried all the popular keyboards available and found Swype to be the fastest keyboard for one handed use. Swiftkey is the fastest for two handed use.

I can pull off 65-70 WPM one handed with Swype, one handed:
2014-09-21 02.41.44.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR