Usage vs. Standby after updating 5s to iOS8

eh55

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice that their usage vs. standby time is the same now? The times used to be different under iOS7. It seems to me that something is active in the background that is chewing up battery, but I can't pinpoint it as all my apps are closed.

Also, my battery life seems to have gone downhill on my 5s since updating, as the phone will get warm under light usage (browsing, but no games, GPS, etc).

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the exact same thing. At the end of the day (around 6ish) when I'd normally have around 60% left, I notice that I only have about 40%

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have never been someone to whine about battery life but I am seeing a marked decrease in battery life on ios8 on my 4s. This time of day I would typically have 60% or so remaining. I'm a light user. I'm at 35% and seem to not be able to make it through the day anymore.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have never been someone to whine about battery life but I am seeing a marked decrease in battery life on ios8 on my 4s. This time of day I would typically have 60% or so remaining. I'm a light user. I'm at 35% and seem to not be able to make it through the day anymore.

Battery life is one of those items that is, unfortunately, last to be addressed. We see this issue surface with every x.0 release of iOS. By the time the x.1 release comes out, it’s all better again. It will gradually get better with each release, starting, I am sure, with 8.0.2.

eh55

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Doing a hard restart on my phone seems to have cured the issue of whatever was running in the background. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73