iOS 8.0.1 released (update: pulled due to issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.0.1 released

I tried updating OTA with my 6+ on AT&T on wifi and lte. It downloaded the update, but now it says I have no internet connection to verify the update.

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I could NOT do a basic restore, not matter what I tried from reboot of phone to computer. Kept going through all the motions and then does nothing, just sits there. So I did get the ipsw file (Rene posted it) and restoring from that for now.

Mines doing the same thing. Did you do this from iTunes or the phone? If I restore from the phone will that revert it back to iOS 8? iTunes just does nothing.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I could NOT do a basic restore, not matter what I tried from reboot of phone to computer. Kept going through all the motions and then does nothing, just sits there. So I did get the ipsw file (Rene posted it) and restoring from that for now.

You cannot restore a 8.0.1 backup to 8.0

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Mainstream news is reporting Apple has pulled 8.0.1 so you won't be able to update to it now.

Exactly as the original post in the thread has been edited to report...with additional info on how to fix it if you're having the issue.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I did install the 8.0.1 update as soon as it was available on my 5S and 5th gen iPod touch and so far it's been smooth and my battery life is the same or a bit better. I'll probably restore to the next iOS version though once that's available.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Apps are being restored still, will have to set up some stuff, redo Touch ID and download some apps again.. as I may have lost some, but at least the phone is back and AT&T is working.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
what the hell is this ? I can't varify the package !!!!! the package is already downloaded so I can't delete it ... what will happen now ? I did over the air via wifi .

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The update does not address the unresponsive button tap issue. That's my biggest bug. Or if it did, it was not on the list.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR