iOS 8.0.1 released (update: pulled due to issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Go get it..

Edit 10:39 AM Pacific Time - Users are reporting that Touch ID and Cellular Service is broken with this update on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Hold off updating until further notice

Note that the no service issue isn't happening to all users... Caveat emptor on updating your device.

Edit to add: if you updated OTA and are having the "searching" issue... Try connecting to iTunes and restore the iOS that way...

And a question.... This update has been in the hands of Apple's carrier partners for supposedly at least a week...how in blue blazes did one of them not catch this?

From the blog... How to fix it... iOS 8.0.1 kill the Touch ID and cell service on your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus? Here's how to fix it! | iMore

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.0.1 released

This release contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
-Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
-Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
-Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
-Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
-Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
-Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
-Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
-Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Apparently you can use your 3rd party keyboard to enter a password now without the OS defaulting back to the original

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

welp, my phone is dead...updated when I saw the post on twitter....now no cell service....this is bad.

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Resetting network settings did not help!

Just curious... What service provider and phone do you all have. I have AT&T on an iPhone 6 Plus. My friend has a 5s and updated to iOS 8.0.1 and has sprint. His phone is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen