So all I should care about is that my iCloud Photo Library is on, correct? Is photo stream still sticking around for the time being while iCloud Photos is in beta?

Attachment 65843
    09-23-2014 04:19 PM
    All I can tell you is my photos are still going in my photo stream, and are getting to my PC (as well as they ever did, anyway). I have not enabled the iCloud Photo Library.
    09-23-2014 06:49 PM
    So all I should care about is that my iCloud Photo Library is on, correct? Is photo stream still sticking around for the time being while iCloud Photos is in beta?

Attachment 65843
    I think Photo Stream is sticking around until the Mac app iPhoto is replaced. I think they said early next year. I have noticed that the photos in iCloud Photo Library don't get auto-imported into iPhoto since iPhoto is looking in my photo stream. For that reason, I kept the toggle for keep originals on the phone so I can connect to my Mac via USB and transfer the photos that way. Photos in my shared streams still get imported into iPhoto with no problems and as far as I know the shared streams won't be going away, just your personal photo stream.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-23-2014 07:18 PM
    Thanks, Karen. Sorry I barely saw this. Thread got buried in my subscribed list with all the posting here lately.

I just wanted to make sure that if I had Photo Stream toggled off but kept the iCloud photo library on that my photos were still being saved to iCloud. Now I understand why they kept the photo stream option in there for the time being.
    09-25-2014 09:02 PM
    I'm wondering why I can't see my photo stream on my iPhone 6, but can view it on my iPad and iPhone 5 (both still in iOS 7).

I don't even SEE a photo stream section in the iOS 8 photos app. Really starting to irritate me. Apple should have left Photos alone and just removed the 1000 photo limit on Photo Stream.
    09-26-2014 09:14 PM
    Do photos in photostream take storage space. I know Verizon Cloud does.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-26-2014 10:10 PM
    Do photos in photostream take storage space. I know Verizon Cloud does.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    I believe so. The photos in photo stream don't count against your 5GB iCloud storage limit, but they do take up space on device. Once iCloud Photo Library is out of beta, what will be nice about it is that you'll have a choice to keep the originals on the device or smaller copies optimized for the size of the device.
    09-26-2014 10:32 PM