Home sharing issues

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I want to be able to stream my music library to my iPod touch and iPhone. Both are running iOS 8.

My collection consists of over 50,000 songs. I have the sharing enabled both in iTunes and iOS. When I see the shared library in iOS, it has been taking upwards of at least an hour to fully sync, which is understandable. I decided to let my iPhone sync it overnight so it could also be charging. It finished this morning, but when I went to access it it said there was nothing there. So I went to songs>shared, selected the library again and now it's syncing from scratch again.

On my iPod, I've tried several times, the sync process gets to about halfway and just hangs. Can home sharing really handle large libraries like mine or should I be seeking alternatives?

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I got a partial answer from Apple support. IF, you can get the whole library to load, if you quit the app, when you reload, it defaults back to the iPhone or iPod's library, meaning you have to load the whole thing again. This is the default behavior and cannot be changed according to Apple. A real bummer...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR