Can your gmail account still be set up as a exchange account or as a straight gmail account? I noticed on my 6 that when I delete mail on my gmail account it gives me the choice to sent it to trash, I gave my wife my 5 and when she try s to delete the mail it just gives the choice to archive or more and under more you can send it to trash. I'm not sure if the changes are from setting the account as gmail instead of exchange. Can you still set up Google email account under exchange? I hope the question makes sense..

Thanks in Advance..

Dregs
    09-22-2014 01:59 PM
  2. tobey74 said: Best Answer

I think you can change gmail behavior in your gmail account settings. I think it is under gmail IMAP/POP settings from a computer.

It is not the account type (exchange or IMAP) that decides what happens - archive or trash.

Furthermore, if you are setting up a phone from scratch you can not setup gmail as free exchange account anymore, only IMAP.
    But if you setup new phone by restoring gmail exchange settings from a backup then you can continue to use gmail as exchange account on new phone.

Best regards, Peter
    I think you can change gmail behavior in your gmail account settings. I think it is under gmail IMAP/POP settings from a computer.

It is not the account type (exchange or IMAP) that decides what happens - archive or trash.

Furthermore, if you are setting up a phone from scratch you can not setup gmail as free exchange account anymore, only IMAP.
    But if you setup new phone by restoring gmail exchange settings from a backup then you can continue to use gmail as exchange account on new phone.

Best regards, Peter
    09-22-2014 02:08 PM

Best regards, Peter
    Thanks I appreciate your help...
    09-22-2014 02:33 PM
    Not sure if you've done this but on your wife's phone goto settings then mails and calendar the tap your gmail account then tap the email address at the top then advanced and change when I delete email from archive to deleted. That will ensure when she deletes it goes to the bin like yours and doesn't prompt. Obviously make sure he option in the mail and calendar section for prompt to delete is off too
    mommybetts and IIJBII like this.
    09-24-2014 05:27 PM
    Not sure if you've done this but on your wife's phone goto settings then mails and calendar the tap your gmail account then tap the email address at the top then advanced and change when I delete email from archive to deleted. That will ensure when she deletes it goes to the bin like yours and doesn't prompt. Obviously make sure he option in the mail and calendar section for prompt to delete is off too
    Thank you! I didn't know you could change this! Appreciate the tip!
    09-24-2014 06:19 PM
    Thanks Darran I had done that and it worked perfect.
    09-24-2014 07:33 PM