I added a new contact last night for the first time on iOS 8, and then went into Settings > Facebook and did the usual update contacts. When I went back to the contact, I saw that it had added a link to their Facebook profile, but didn't update their contact photo.

Has anyone else run into this and any ideas on how to get this working?

As an aside, the Facebook integration on iOS is incredibly flaky and frustrating compared to Windows Phone and Android.

Thanks!
    vsnlweb and steve_w_7 like this.
    09-20-2014 09:42 AM
    This is an issue with Facebook. They broke automatic profile picture synching years ago on iOS. I thought this was across all platforms but maybe I am wrong. I think there are some apps you can use to do this. I had one called My Phone+ that I used for awhile but you had to synch manually from what I remember. It couldn't do it automatically.
    09-20-2014 10:45 AM
    Thanks for the reply. The funny thing is that this was working before I upgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 8.

I found an app called "Facedown" that allowed me to sync the profile pictures over, but was hoping this would still work natively.
    pararigger and vsnlweb like this.
    09-20-2014 12:18 PM
    this was working for me on iOS 7 before moving to the iPhone 6. so sad it isn't working now.
    09-22-2014 07:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply. The funny thing is that this was working before I upgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 8.

I found an app called "Facedown" that allowed me to sync the profile pictures over, but was hoping this would still work natively.
    Thanks, facedown did it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-29-2014 11:56 AM
    From Facebook .. Go to the persons home page. Click open the "About" tab. There you will find a place to request their phone number and email address. Send them both of those requests. If they reply, it should pull in their picture.
    steve_w_7 likes this.
    12-12-2014 04:44 PM
    From Facebook .. Go to the persons home page. Click open the "About" tab. There you will find a place to request their phone number and email address. Send them both of those requests. If they reply, it should pull in their picture.
    This doesn't always work. I have been trying to get my wife's FB info to sync to my contacts for a couple of days now and so far, nothing has worked. I have been successful with one other contact, but that's it.
    03-05-2015 05:09 PM
    ^
    Update: This works, but it doesn't happen immediately. If you want to force-sync it after getting confirmation that your FB contact has given you permission to view their details, go to Settings> Facebook. Uncheck 'Contacts'. Select 'Update All Contacts'. Check 'Contacts' again and then repeat the 'Update All Contacts' step. You should be able to see email, address, or whatever you requested access to. Additionally, it should also pull in their picture. Clumsy, but it works.
    03-09-2015 05:32 PM
    Or download their profile photo from Facebook, then enter it in their contact. I never use Facebook for contacts.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)
    03-09-2015 05:52 PM
    I've just switched from windows to iphone 5s.... the jury is still out! I was frustrated by lack of apps on windows, but some of the functionality was great and my screen size was bigger :-(
    What's working better for you on iphone (need some success stories before I reset my nokia and give it to my 13 year old!)
    06-12-2015 07:53 AM