Pages, Numbers and Keynote updates...lackluster?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone downloaded the 3 iWork app updates for iOS8?
I was disappointed to see that they haven't really added any iOS 8 features to these apps.
Especially when you look at what they've done with something like iMovie which really embraces iOS8.
At the very least I was expecting to be able to access the file picker to open documents, but you're still limited to just iCloud docs.
The apps themselves were already great, so I'm not complaining about them, but I wish they'd have added some iOS 8 magic to let us edit dropbox, etc. documents.

Does anyone think we'll be seeing bigger updates in the next few weeks for these apps, or are they stuck this way for the next year +?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
To be able to open Dropbox documents in the document picker, Dropbox needs to implemented it not Apple.

Dropbox already has, and you can use it with some other apps.
Apple hasn't implemented document picker into iWork, that's the problem.

Are they not compatible with iCloud Drive?
Using iWork with iCloud Drive

It's iCloud drive in name only. Functionality wise it's identical to the old Pages, Numbers & Keynote. You can even access the documents from the Dropbox app using the file picker and choosing iCloud drive, but that's almost as many extra steps as you used to have to go through before extensions in iOS8.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The new updates have definitely answered my criticisms. The iWork suite now has full access to document picker and it works like a dream.