Weather app wrong??

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Since upgrading to iOS 8, the stock weather app is showing the incorrect weather for my current location. anyone else have this issue?

Is showing mostly sunny, but it's raining outside right now.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to iOS 8, the stock weather app is showing the incorrect weather for my current location. anyone else have this issue?

Is showing mostly sunny, but it's raining outside right now.

I had the same issue. I powered off my iPhone and when it came back up it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've actually had the same issue a few times recently, but I haven't upgraded yet. So maybe its something with Yahoo...?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the stock weather. Notification Center is not in my settings. It only has Notifications. Anyone else not have Notification Center in Settings?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the stock weather. Notification Center is not in my settings. It only has Notifications. Anyone else not have Notification Center in Settings?

It’s just called Notifications

Settings > Notifications. It has to be there. :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Just the list of apps. No toggles for "Today" or NC Weather or anything.

I never saw that (NC Weather). Make sure you have location set to ALWAYS for the stock weather app (Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather > [ALWAYS]. Then open the native weather app. That should make it appear on the NC screen.

There are also NC settings on the page. Open NC, TODAY tab and scroll to the bottom of the screen. Tap EDIT and add/remove widgets for the apps that are installed on your phone.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having problems with the stock weather app. As you can see in the picture the weather channel website shows 14 and cloudy but the stock weather app shows 17 and mostly clear. How is the data different???? Makes no sense. Any thoughts anyone??ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411702048.984721.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having problems with the stock weather app. As you can see in the picture the weather channel website shows 14 and cloudy but the stock weather app shows 17 and mostly clear. How is the data different???? Makes no sense. Any thoughts anyone??View attachment 66257

I've been wonder that too... I'll check the weather network and it also says a different temperature that the stock weather app and the weather channel website.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

poioz

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I wonder if the Weather Network is unreliable in Canada? I live in Vancouver it is showing that is sunny when it is (of course) raining.

Funny enough, if I add Vancouver as one of the cities it shows different weather to "My Location". I understand that there could be subtle differences in terms of geographical accuracy but that is not the case here.

Something is wrong with the weather feed.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I wonder if the Weather Network is unreliable in Canada? I live in Vancouver it is showing that is sunny when it is (of course) raining.

Funny enough, if I add Vancouver as one of the cities it shows different weather to "My Location". I understand that there could be subtle differences in terms of geographical accuracy but that is not the case here.

Something is wrong with the weather feed.

Weather Underground seems pretty reliable, and it has a notification centre widget. There's also some crowdsourcing of weather data (you can confirm the current conditions.) Sadly, I don't see accumulation of precipitation, only POP which is the only problem with this app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never saw that (NC Weather). Make sure you have location set to ALWAYS for the stock weather app (Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather > [ALWAYS]. Then open the native weather app. That should make it appear on the NC screen.

There are also NC settings on the page. Open NC, TODAY tab and scroll to the bottom of the screen. Tap EDIT and add/remove widgets for the apps that are installed on your phone.
My stock weather works fine. I just don't have the Notification Center in Settings. (as shown in the screenshot I borrowed from a friend) All I have is Notifications in Settings. But it only shows the apps. No settings like in the screenshot.

poioz

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
That is no longer in Settings on iOs 8.

Swipe down to access notification center and scroll down. You will find an Edit button. To remove Weather you have to take out Today's Summary. This also removes Contacts birthdays though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Swipe down to access notification center and scroll down. You will find an Edit button. To remove Weather you have to take out Today's Summary. This also removes Contacts birthdays though.
To remove weather, you delete location in the App.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The Notification Center was in my friends iPhone 6 on iOS 8. It showed in the Settings menu. Or in Notifications. Was she the only person to have that?

tecsi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Yahoo Weather is worse than wrong. It shows results that are wildly inconsistent on same page. Yosemite shows a low of 27F, while,the chart,show a low in the 50s.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro