iOS 8 Slowed down my 4s to a crawl!

myblackz28

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I was looking forward to the update, The download and install went fine without a hitch. As soon as I started using it, I noticed everything is so slow. Opening an app takes an easy 3 seconds more to open and I just feel like everything lags. It almost feels like my old retired Palm Pre! I know the phone is an older model, but this is crazy! Anyone else with a 4s notice this?

gtg465x

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't noticed by now, Apple always does this to the oldest supported model. They purposely ship unoptimized drivers for the oldest supported model to push you to upgrade. There is no way to prove this of course, but as a software developer in silicon valley, I have heard things, and this is my opinion. If you don't want this to happen, never update any of your iOS devices to the latest OS if it's the last planned update from Apple.

myblackz28

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't noticed by now, Apple always does this to the oldest supported model. They purposely ship unoptimized drivers for the oldest supported model to push you to upgrade. There is no way to prove this of course, but as a software developer in silicon valley, I have heard things, and this is my opinion. If you don't want this to happen, never update any of your iOS devices to the latest OS if it's the last planned update from Apple.

Thats too bad. The 4s was working great for me. Had no reason to get the 6.....until now :( From what I read, there is no way to downgrade to ios7. Ah well. Maybe they will come out with an update for ios8 to optimize performance?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Check your App Store for app updates I had a problem with a few apps until they were updated to support iOS 8

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I assume you tried to do a wipe or factory reset ? I just did on my 5, not because I had to but it feels good when there is a big upgrade to do that.

myblackz28

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I assume you tried to do a wipe or factory reset ? I just did on my 5, not because I had to but it feels good when there is a big upgrade to do that.

I didnt try a wipe or factory reset. Think that will help? Its not going to make the processor any faster ;)

Gobrown75

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I was looking forward to the update, The download and install went fine without a hitch. As soon as I started using it, I noticed everything is so slow. Opening an app takes an easy 3 seconds more to open and I just feel like everything lags. It almost feels like my old retired Palm Pre! I know the phone is an older model, but this is crazy! Anyone else with a 4s notice this?

I noticed a considerable lag on my 5. Glad my 6 came today because it was driving me crazy.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro