Notifications No Longer Working After Update to iOS 8

Sinandgrin

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Over the last day and a half I've noticed that my usual news and other important notifications that I usually receive had almost completely stopped working. In this time I think I got five total notifications most of which were from Apple apps and one from the Wall Street Journal app which I had reinstalled yesterday. The same behavior is occurring on my iPhone 5 and my iPad third generation, so I don't think it's limited to one device. I've double checked all settings within the notifications settings to make sure that each app is properly configured, which they were. Since I was receiving routine notification from the Wall Street Journal app I figured that the issue might be resolved by removing and reinstalling all affected applications, the problem is I have a lot of applications that I rely on for timely notifications and the process of removing all of them, reinstalling them, and resetting up any log in credentials would be extremely time-consuming across my two devices.

Is anyone else experiencing this annoying problem?

Does anybody have any helpful recommendations?

I suppose I could always wipe my devices and restore them from backups but I really hate to do that and would almost rather reinstall affected applications one by one.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you check the notifications for all the apps, make sure they are set correctly. Try rebooting your device. Good luck.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Notification Center is not in many people's settings. It's not in mine. I have Notifications in my settings. I have no default weather. I do not have this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411139631.997259.jpg

I am using the Yahoo Weather widget.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I don't have that setting either and I don't have ANY widgets when I click on Edit in Notifications. Does anyone think a restore would fix this?

Sinandgrin

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I did a restore to factory settings and then restored to an itunes backup on my ipad, which was having these issues and unfortunately it did not resolve my problems. So i have had to remove and re-install one by one each application on my iphone and ipad to restore the push notification features.

Now if I understand the issues that Ledsteplin and pink2 are having, try to look for a grey "Edit" button on you "Today" tab of your Notification screen. That is where you can add, remove, and change the order of Notification Widgets.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Its a bug in IOS 8. I use an app called breeze that uses the m7 to track my steps and sends me notifications during the day to check my progress. I stopped getting notifications after my upgrade to iOS 8 and when I emailed the developer of the app, he acknowledged it

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Just for the record I got the widgets back. I did a Reset All Settings, rebooted twice and I have them back!!!

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Bad news. They are gone again. I wish I knew what caused this. At least I selected everything while I could see them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone here a dev that is testing the beta updates? Have they fixed this issue yet?
I don't know of anyone else having that issue. I doubt it's iOS 8. It could be, but it seems odd that you would be the only one affected. Do none of the stock apps like weather or stocks show as a widget? Or is it only 3rd party apps? I have a bunch on my 5. No problems. Try removing all of them from the Notification Center. Then delete all the 3rd party widget apps. Then do a hard reset. Then download the apps back and add the widgets again. I hope you get that resolved.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I don't think I'm the only one, but I do think it is rare. No, none of the stock apps show up either. I did a reset of all settings a while ago and they came back. Then I updated my settings and after each change I kept checking to see if the widgets were in the edit screen and they were. Then I wanted to rearrange them a day later and they were gone and I have been unable to get them back, even with reboots. I don't want to do a reset all just to be able to use this functionality.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen