Battery drain issues

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Updated my 5s to ios 8 on release day and set up as a new phone. Since then my battery life has been pretty bad - much worse than it was previously. For example, this morning I golk the phone off of charge and left the house. Straight into the car where I turned on Bluetooth and used Spotify. 20minutes later after no phone calls or messages, I had was down to 72% battery. With ios 7 it only ever used 3 or 4 % for the same activity on the same route to work.

I plugged in to the charger and boosted it back up to 90something% and with the phone on standby, it's used 15% in an hour. Battery report shows the home and lock screen using the vast majority of the power.

Anyone else having battery issues? Or indeed any suggestions short of reinstalling the os?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think Spotify for 20 minutes is probably the culprit.... no phone calls or messages but it's 20 minutes of streaming music, unless you have the premium account and playing music off your iPhone. Have you updated Spotify to the latest? Have you tried rebooting?
I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 5 (older tech, 2 year old battery) and iOS 8 so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Might be something funky with yours that is causing it.

By the way, in the car I'd always plug it in so you can take advantage of the new Hey Siri feature :)

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you update it in iTunes or over the air? I updated mine instead of restoring it and it went a bit wonky, so I restored it again and it runs fine now with the same amount of battery drain as before. Try that.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a quick drain on my iPhone as well. One thing I turned off was the "raise the listen" for messages. There are probably other things to adjust but thought I'd mention this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 was already experiencing horrible battery life on iOS 7, and it's now a little worse with iOS 8. I took my phone off the charger this morning at 6am and have been using it for checking FB and replying to emails and iMessages since then (no phone calls or Facetime). It's been 4.5 hours and the battery is now at 50%.

I have turned off just about all notifications except for Mail, Messages, and Phone. I had most of them off BEFORE the upgrade, but the upgrade turned a crapload back ON. WTF?

Sucky, sucky, sucky.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you update it in iTunes or over the air? I updated mine instead of restoring it and it went a bit wonky, so I restored it again and it runs fine now with the same amount of battery drain as before. Try that.

I did a fresh install via iTunes. Seems in not the only one having trouble... I don't want to have to do anther restore if possible, but something has gone wrong. Everything is the same as it was prior to the updrade settings wide... I suppose it's early days and more problems might crop up with a fix..?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't notice it till it was pointed out here, but yeah, I was losing 15% an hour when it was supposed to be inactive.

I did disable raise to listen, but what really seems to have done the trick is I reset all settings.

Means I have to put in my wifi passwords again, my fingerprints again, and so on, but it now sleeps without steadily losing battery life.

Wickter

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Using iPad 4 with ios8 updated over wifi have done restoral battery being used by Safari has gone down 30 percent in an hour just reading info and using wifi everything else turned off

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim