Terribly disappointed that I had to delete 4gigs of stuff to do this update, to find out afterwords it used hardly any of the space I created. I cannot access my photos to upload to Facebook etc.....my iPhone 5c is now trash. I believe apple created this operating system in hopes most would buy the iPhone 6. Sorry Apple im totally disappointed and pissed!
    09-21-2014 07:21 PM
    Terribly disappointed that I had to delete 4gigs of stuff to do this update, to find out afterwords it used hardly any of the space I created. I cannot access my photos to upload to Facebook etc.....my iPhone 5c is now trash. I believe apple created this operating system in hopes most would buy the iPhone 6. Sorry Apple im totally disappointed and pissed!
    It needed the space to download and execute the update, then clean up the extra space. Could also have done it through iTunes and your computer would have done all the work. Wife's iPhone 5 only had 1.5gb left and updated no problem via iTunes sorry yours isn't working as well!
    09-21-2014 08:50 PM
    That's not true. With each major update, your device slows down. Granted, for the most part, most people probably wouldn't notice a difference unless you have two devices, one with and the other without side by side. However, for the astute like myself, I do notice a difference. I noticed a difference immediately with the 5 when iOS 7 came about. It wasn't a big difference but it was there.

My rule of thumb is never update iOS more than one major update eg. iPhone 5 was introduced with iOS 6 and I upgraded to iOS 7. iOS 8 is really pushing it. One might not notice a big difference if you run very few apps or very light apps. For me, I run over 130+ apps and of course, I see the difference even though others may not.
    EXACTLY! iPhone 5 slowed down a bit w/ iOS 7. Control center is a little laggy.

iPhone 5s slows down a bit w/ iOS 8. Also, the first thing you notice is that Control center is not as smooth as ever.

I prefer 7.1.2 until apps are not complatible and be forced to upgrade to a iOS 8 version with less bugs.
    09-24-2014 12:24 AM
    I updated my 5S the first day of release in the UK. I have had no problems BUT the past couple of days I have noticed my phone becoming very hot rather quickly. Then yesterday the battery drain was ridiculous. From full charge to 4% in half a day under very light use. My wife's 5C experienced the same thing on the same day, which is weird or coincidental. This morning very did a hard reset on both and all appears to be fine......so far.
    09-24-2014 10:33 AM
    It's unfortunate that some are experiencing lag and some bugs but it will all work out in the . release just as it did with iOS 7
    09-24-2014 11:48 AM
    I updated my 5s within the first hour of release. It's running smooth with no lags and apps are fine. If you're having trouble try to restore your device. Good luck.
    09-24-2014 12:26 PM
56 123